Booby traps!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Booby traps!

Postby squeezy102 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:16 pm

I think booby traps would be neat in this game.

Bear traps, swinging logs, trapped chests, caltrops, pitfalls, these sorts of things. It could key off of your perception as to whether or not you detect them, and the player who lays the trap should NOT be immune to it -- so if you're careless in your placement, you should be able to hurt yourself.

I'm thinking of trapping entrances to bases, trapping mineshafts, trapping important stash rooms and chests, that sort of thing.

I'm aware these things might be used to grief people, and so obviously they should follow the same deterioration rules as anything else -- and also maybe there could be some kind of trap disarming kit or trap disarming skill.

Could be useful for hunting as well, adding bear traps, rabbit traps, bird traps - similar to the crab baskets and fish nets we have now, but for more land dwelling animals.

Could be a trapper credo, as well as an engineer credo that specializes in disarming.

Plenty of intellectual real estate to explore here, I think it would make a fun and interesting patch package!
squeezy102

Return to Critique & Ideas