taming wolves (winter content)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

taming wolves (winter content)

Postby xzo » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:47 am

during the winter you can approach wolf with dried meat and get a low chance of him accepting it, so then you can leash the wolf it attempt to tame it, wearing wolf cape could improve the odds..

taming process must be finished during the winter, if succeeded the wolves will stay loyal to the person who did the taming, one person need to do the whole process
originally tamed wolves cannot be traded, they can breed and pups can be traded but there is a twist

originally tamed wolf can hunt with its master and gain own exp of sorts, improving its con, agi, str, then can join the master in fights, whenever master is attacked, wolf will react

if one were to breed wolves they would work in very similar way but would not be as fierce and loyal, perhaps they could have some stat cap or lowered stat gain, they could make more for cute puppies than lethal companions
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Re: taming wolves (winter content)

Postby KitsuneG » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:56 am

There so many exploits in pvp with that.. but i want dogs too, but it really should be overthink how it will be.

Dogs actually would be nice to catch small creatures and birds on command.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:20 am

Considering how dangerous dogs being added to pvp is for balancing, I think they should be kept completely out of it.

I was musing about something like tracking that lets you somehow quality hunt animals, but I can't think of a way to make it fun and not just another botted mechanic. Truffling isn't exactly a blast, and it's definitely botted which is why they had to be local pooled.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Liss12 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:40 am

Sevenless wrote:Considering how dangerous dogs being added to pvp is for balancing, I think they should be kept completely out of it.

I was musing about something like tracking that lets you somehow quality hunt animals, but I can't think of a way to make it fun and not just another botted mechanic. Truffling isn't exactly a blast, and it's definitely botted which is why they had to be local pooled.

I think dogs in PvP would be alright if they only can attack people on owner's claim i.e. guard dogs. But probably too much hussle for devs to implement and balance.
Liss12

Postby dorag » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:10 pm

i dont give a shit about balance i like it
dorag

Postby xzo » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:11 pm

guys take a step back on thinking about balance and things and think of two points

1- it would take whole winter to tame a wolf, breed wolves would be weak and more so larpy, pups could play toys in the garden or do some random stuff, piss into gardeners stuff...
2- wolf can die. and then its dead, you can use it for meat.

even if you could use wolf for pvp, which I do believe would be a case, your wolf could get killed so you would have to be careful about how you use it
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby waga » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:56 pm

Taming wolves ?!
What an original idea.
waga

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:24 pm

This has never been suggested??? Maybe I may live to regret this, but screw balance, get this in the game. Only original tamed animal fights with the master in pvp. Can it gain stats, I say hell yes. Pups can be used for purposes like hunting outside of pvp. Only in winter window=great idea.
DoctorCookie

Postby DoctorCookie » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:27 pm

KitsuneG wrote:There so many exploits in pvp with that.. but i want dogs too, but it really should be overthink how it will be.

Dogs actually would be nice to catch small creatures and birds on command.

Specialized breeding.
DoctorCookie

Postby waga » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:This has never been suggested???

A million times.
waga

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas