taming wolves (winter content)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: taming wolves (winter content)

Postby xzo » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:25 am

I think there is no point replying to theiw Reiber guy, I just threw a concept here and he is giving step by step manuals on how to exploit suggested thing that no dev gives a fuck just yet, he just built imaginary world where he already see every detail of it and gonna argue that his is bad, maybe he is from the future where mushrooms took over

all in all I like what Terech said, it was never in the game so people should shut traps with their ideas of exploits and so on, every idea of exploit that was here could be countered with 1 line of code
players could be forced to have lets say druidic rite before being able to tame wolfs, to reduce naked alts with wolfs, but I already suggested that wolf would be loyal only to the one who tamed him so if you feel like having 15 alts able to tame the animal that might awwell die in fight or off starvation if you dont feed it then be my guest, have another 15 alts to feed those 15 wolfs

argument that some players would run away and some wouldn't is retarded beyond imagination, people need to learn if they want to move on, you could use that argument as a benefit for newbies to have a dog that is slow enough to stay close to them to protect them, but not fast enough to jump and kill someone right away

I mean, there is plenty of good things that could come out of having tamable pets that would follow you and create both pvp and larp changes, but for real, stop acting like an expert on the thing that is only a suggestion,

instead of "this is bad because ........[ place for your bullshit ] ..... "
try "this could be good if ........[place for constructive feedback] ..... "

it simply cant be bad because you are too dumb to figure out solution for problem that is only in your head at this stage
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Postby overtyped » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:44 am

Bob Dole thinks this idea can only work if it has zero impact on pvp. Guard dogs is also a no, think about the people who will bot to keep 500 wolves in their base, they wouldnt even need gates, or even a palisade. The wolves would overwhelm everyone no matter the attackers numbers.

People forget, but horses used to be an unstoppable force in pvp until rawhide.

Haven has amazing combat just as is, and it doesn't need horses or dogs, or whatever else.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Xoatl » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:51 pm

I want dogs too and for them to work they'll have some pvp consequences. Perhaps you cap the number of dogs you can leash to yourself based on Charisma and have it very strict. Like CHA 1-100 is 1 dog. 100-200 are 2 dogs. Or even more punishing than that perhaps. Just to keep the botting CHA titaning builds from being too overpowered. Still i cant wait for snuggle to show up at gates with 10 dogs leashed to him.
Xoatl

Postby Reiber » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:24 am

damn it guys. i know you want to have dogs but dogs wont ever come if it means dogs in pvp .
and you mindless troglodytes with you niceguy act are too damn retarded to understand that.
the problem isnt that i . the omnibrain mushroomwizzard know every nook and cranny about how to exploit your oh so unique and glorious idea of "jimmy wants attackdogs now!"
or that lorbtard would just forgett to "Write one line of code"
the problem with exploiting dogs in pvp , is that people will find any way of exploiting dogs in pvp. this is an game where people will search every fucking nook and cranny of the game for exploits. and abuse them malicously. and thus force everybody else too either find an other workaround or also exploit it if they dont wanna get beaten intoo the dust with every encounter.

:some doodooobrain wrote:

naked alt following me around is op XDDDDD

yes . yes it is. this is an numbers game, devs are in an everlasting battle too combat that crap. bodyblocking alts. alts fighting from boats. etc . holes get fixed but the problem keeps digging itself up whenever an exploit is found.

:another genius wrote:
b..but thats why i thought of that , you can only have loyal doggys you tame yourself

you mindless baffon. wolfpacks have 3-5 members. you run inttoo them, stick some meat intoo there ass and then run home with the hole pack.
then stand behind an bench and poke them every day. anybody will be able to do it. without getting damaged once. if something goes wrong you dip in an cave for an minute. alts dont tame goats , they just bring them home. because its easy. not cause its necesarry you alt it. you can tame hundreds of animals if you so desire. with 0 effort. exept the amount it takes you to click on the road to the next mountain.

:the same mongrel had the audacity to say:
at least give me some constructive critizism to my shitty idea. daddy please notice me

i already did. i told you. if animal ai. movement. taming and combat have undergone an complete large scale rework. your idea of pvp relevant npc can maybe, possibly work.
and if you really want dogs. cool, but you wont get them for aslong as them aggroing an player is even an option.
next time maybe you sugest something reasonable. like huntingdogs. that you could send exclusively after small game, like rabit, mallard or squirrel, or have them act as an dousing rod for bleeding animals.
maybe ask for foxes invading chickencoops. and dogs would have to be hitched next too your chickens to protect them.
but an companion that even considers doing something else than flee when in player combat. has about as much chances too make it intoo the game and not be exploited as you two mushroombrains have to actually have to get what im saying
Reiber

Postby Sephiron » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:10 am

yea honestly if you can insta-bash boats with your bare hands while also inside of a boat, and have the other player permanently die within seconds, I don't see how tamed wolves are significantly worse. In fact, I think it's a lot funnier to die by 30 wolves. It shows that some significant effort was used to kill you. Everyone complaining about balance but already there's very little balance
Sephiron

Postby Sephiron » Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:17 am

Xoatl wrote:I want dogs too and for them to work they'll have some pvp consequences. Perhaps you cap the number of dogs you can leash to yourself based on Charisma and have it very strict. Like CHA 1-100 is 1 dog. 100-200 are 2 dogs. Or even more punishing than that perhaps. Just to keep the botting CHA titaning builds from being too overpowered. Still i cant wait for snuggle to show up at gates with 10 dogs leashed to him.

He either isn't getting into your palisade unless you let him in, or he's sieging your palisade. The result is the same with or without dogs.
Sephiron

Postby Clemins » Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:17 am

On this episode of: Add wolf taming to haven! (wInTeR eDiTiOn)

Instead of asking jorbtar to program you bots in wolf skins to fight for you, how about you just learn to fight yourself. On the other hand, it'd be pretty funny to larp as PETA or something and put down everyone's dogs...
I changed my mind. Add dogs!
Clemins

Postby Mr_Bober » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:02 pm

If used in pvp or claim defence, this would just become yet another mandatory thing for everyone to have. If not, people would still use them to body block others.

I'd much rather see horses become useful in pvp, rather than seeing hundreds of dogs running around as a lag machine :lol:
Mr_Bober

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas