ravens bite

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

ravens bite

Postby dorag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:38 am

i think ravens bite should do 5% more damage and cost 3+1 ip i dont know why it costs same ip as cleave for less ip smh
dorag

Re: ravens bite

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:55 am

It sorely needs a buff. It's almost as hard to use as cleave, requires a specific weapon, and only does 10% extra damage compared to 50%.

Kinda weird there's a B12 meta that doesn't actually use the axe specific damage move.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby dorag » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:12 am

Sevenless wrote:It sorely needs a buff. It's almost as hard to use as cleave, requires a specific weapon, and only does 10% extra damage compared to 50%.

Kinda weird there's a B12 meta that doesn't actually use the axe specific damage move.

i find it weird that it costs 2x as much ip as sting and does less damage forces you to use an axe as well and generates worse openings its like worse than sting in every way except you can use an axe with it i guess i think thier needs to be some kinda axe only mc stance and ravens bite like just weirdly bad when you compare it to other things
dorag

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 am

Really seems like "if you absolutely have no other move for the job, you might use it" -move.

I remember using it once to deal killing blow to a Swan for a Credo quest. It was late to the world so I was able to grab an old b12 for an alt and it's only melee move was Raven's Bite I assume.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Reiber » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:07 am

on that note, an axe that truly forms an alternative too swords would be nice. woodsmans axe is about 2x worse than the worst sword in game, and b12 is so good, the only reason not too use it is not being able too afford an b12,

maybe make an 1handed steel or wrought iron axe, slightly"and i mean slightly, better damage and armourpen then sword,-5%combatweight on defense,
also an better throwingaxe, that can be smithed not cast. with an added effect reducing weaponchange cooldown after its thrown. would only work assuming you change to an weapon currently in your belt.
Reiber

Postby dorag » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:26 am

Reiber wrote:on that note, an axe that truly forms an alternative too swords would be nice. woodsmans axe is about 2x worse than the worst sword in game, and b12 is so good, the only reason not too use it is not being able too afford an b12,

maybe make an 1handed steel or wrought iron axe, slightly"and i mean slightly, better damage and armourpen then sword,-5%combatweight on defense,
also an better throwingaxe, that can be smithed not cast. with an added effect reducing weaponchange cooldown after its thrown. would only work assuming you change to an weapon currently in your belt.

yeah a one handed axe would be really cool
dorag

Postby overtyped » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:26 am

The biggest weakness of ravens bite is not the move itself, but it's that there is no good MC maneuver for it, along with the fact that the only good weapon you get for it is b12, and that is 25% longer cd. It's in a sad state, and it has been for a long time.

And... we will never truly know how good or bad ravens bite is until they add a 1h axe equal to a 1h sword in efficacy. Even if the weapon required four gold bars to make, I'd still be happy, I just need the damn weapon to exist!
Also giving parry to axes, or a manuever that does the same thing(Perhaps with a different color) Parry is ofc the strongest manuever in 1v1s by a country mile. It is an essential tool on first contact before each side gathers their zergs, and until shield up/combat meditation reign supreme.

As for the B12 itself...on it's own, aka 1v1's, it's hot garbage against people who know how to counter it, which i think is a good state for the weapon. We do need weapons that are strong situationally, such as in group battles.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby dorag » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:44 am

overtyped wrote:The biggest weakness of ravens bite is not the move itself, but it's that there is no good MC maneuver for it, along with the fact that the only good weapon you get for it is b12, and that is 25% longer cd. It's in a sad state, and it has been for a long time.

And... we will never truly know how good or bad ravens bite is until they add a 1h axe equal to a 1h sword in efficacy. Even if the weapon required four gold bars to make, I'd still be happy, I just need the damn weapon to exist!
Also giving parry to axes, or a manuever that does the same thing(Perhaps with a different color) Parry is ofc the strongest manuever in 1v1s by a country mile. It is an essential tool on first contact before each side gathers their zergs, and until shield up/combat meditation reign supreme.

As for the B12 itself...on it's own, aka 1v1's, it's hot garbage against people who know how to counter it, which i think is a good state for the weapon. We do need weapons that are strong situationally, such as in group battles.

I feel as tho it generating less opening and costing more is an issue but it does open both green and yellow which is kinda nice
dorag

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:40 pm

It's fine, it's been used in the past, it has a situational use.
DDDsDD999

Postby Sevenless » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:47 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:It's fine, it's been used in the past, it has a situational use.

What situation was it used in?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas