monetisation model improvements

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

monetisation model improvements

Postby xzo » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:56 pm

some time I suggested to add silver and gold sub tokens, there was some discussion under that topic so I wanted to share one more monetization idea

why? because devs gotta eat and players love it, look at any other game, things that are somehow useless but worth big buck, if it works lets just have it
if devs can make more money on the game they might in the long run reduce the prices of gold subs

what I suggest (beside silver and gold subs - https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=72820) is to

-add skins to popular items:
for instance you can buy skin to items from sprucecap to b12, you can have a skin that changes mammoth guards tusks to have them curly instead of pointing up, or changes steel plate into steel plate with black and gold addons, those skins could be either account bound and tradable (non-lootable) or even make them lootable to add incentive for fights and bragging rights, picking one or the other would make a good point of discussion too

-add discounts:
why actually there is no -30% on gold sub every now and then ? or -50% on sub tokens, or -75% on sketches, or one time special that when you buy a gold sub for 6 months you get a gold sub token so your friend can try :roll:

-add hat marketplace:
idk, I was just thinking about 3rd thing to add but actually this could work for some people, some games had it, Diablo 3 had it for whole in game items sales and it went tits up but maybe if implemented right, you could have paypal accounts liked to game accounts and in somehow controlled environment allow players to do what they are doing anyway, as in trading hats for tokens or hats for hats, wile also boosting interest in hats and advertising subs
My mother told me Someday I would buy
Galley with good oars Sail to distant shores
Stand up high in the prow Noble barque I steer
Steady course for the haven Hew many foe-men,
hew many foe-men
xzo

Re: monetisation model improvements

Postby sMartins » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:53 pm

Sensitive Topic :)
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:56 pm

I do like skins for specific items more than generic vanity items, it sucks when you can't tell what other people are wearing.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:07 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:I do like skins for specific items more than generic vanity items, it sucks when you can't tell what other people are wearing.

why is this upsetting for you?
Zentetsuken

Postby Sevenless » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=39713

There's a thread for this. It seems somewhat popular.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:38 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:I do like skins for specific items more than generic vanity items, it sucks when you can't tell what other people are wearing.

I can't believe you're this gotten to lol
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:07 am

Zentetsuken wrote:

cause it simply hides whatever you are wearing , its already in the game with hats. some people run around with helmets with more armour+buffs than your entire gear. you can never know if you are attacking an foxhat wearing smurf . or an decked out combatalt trying to bait you.
Reiber

Postby Sephiron » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:28 am

Reiber wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:

cause it simply hides whatever you are wearing , its already in the game with hats. some people run around with helmets with more armour+buffs than your entire gear. you can never know if you are attacking an foxhat wearing smurf . or an decked out combatalt trying to bait you.

I mean... Even without the hats it's not like you can see what gildings they have or what quality their armor is. Makes almost no difference.
Sephiron

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 am

I just miss knowing if the guy I'm running into in the woods is wearing a sprucecap or a dhelm. It's useful information.

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby Reiber » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:21 am

[quote="Sephiron"[/quote]

yea- you can just assume everyone wears an q400dhelm and be fine. it isnt an big deal. but the issue stands. if there where vanityoptions for other slots, wich i would like too see for vanitys sake, it would become an issue,
Reiber

Return to Critique & Ideas