Why do you need BAKING to cook shrimp?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Why do you need BAKING to cook shrimp?

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:34 am

Did some testing on alt and realized I need energy, realized that since I'm already at seashore I'll just make Shrimp Skewers but no, I have to learn Farming and Pottery first before Baking is even offered.

What do any of these three skills have to do with skewering Shrimp on a stick and roasting the thing over fire?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Why do you need BAKING to cook shrimp?

Postby Valkir » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:33 pm

+1 Should be one of the things you'd unlock with like hunting.
Valkir

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:11 pm

Fishing would probably be more appropriate.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jetharius » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:02 pm

I'd agree here, as they do seem unbaked, and more grilled, even naming them Grilled Shrimp Skewers would feel more apt as its hard to intuit that you need those skills to cook the shrimp. I only discovered how via this post.
jetharius

Return to Critique & Ideas