Remove whale (meat)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Remove whale (meat)

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:16 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:(botters and non-botters)

lol it's actually kinda good for the botters. When there's a limited pool of resources capturing more of it is better than just having a lot when everybody else has a lot too
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:lol it's actually kinda good for the botters. When there's a limited pool of resources capturing more of it is better than just having a lot when everybody else has a lot too

I guess yeah, in the meta-game sense it is better. What I meant is that it's still harder for them to get whales compared to the previous system.

But it is kind of funny that a system that was supposed to make it harder to bot whales actually benefits botters the most lmao.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby MightyPanda » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:29 pm

The fact that this 1 meat can be put into so many different recipes to provide all the main combat stats - at FEP rates which make everything else in the game obsolete - means to keep up with top players you need to sail around looking for whales all day every day OR have lots of bots. That is not fun. Nothing should make all the other food obsolete. Troll meat doesn't do that.

Either get rid of it or nerf it into the ground. Whales have plenty of reasons to be killed already.
MightyPanda

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:56 pm

My whale bot works great jorb. It finds whales 100% of the time. It takes into consideration everything you added, and now with my knowledge I can make it work 100% of the time no matter what you do to whales.

It would really be a shame if you made whale meat not obnoxiously overpowered next world haha
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:02 pm

I am not going to hunt a single whale this world automated or otherwise, and probably neither is anybody who plays for fun
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:39 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Dawidio123 wrote:(botters and non-botters)

lol it's actually kinda good for the botters. When there's a limited pool of resources capturing more of it is better than just having a lot when everybody else has a lot too

How many years did it take to convince Jorb that "Global Pool" was bad for this exact reason?

To phrase this as layman as possible, imagine that certain coveted resource (cave clay, whales, etc.) is handed out in a Soviet-style breadline. Guess who has more time to stand in the line, 1) average player or 2) a bot?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:55 pm

Whale meat, like Autumn Steak needs a nerf.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby MightyPanda » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:08 pm

apparently raising attributes doesnt rly matter that much anymore so I no longer care about this issue
MightyPanda

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:23 pm

Bumping this cus devs when asked about whaling on stream were seemingly not aware there was an issue with it (guess they never tried it).
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Sevenless » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:31 pm

I like signing petitions that will be used as toilet paper.

X
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas