Claim bond studying is a noob trap

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Claim bond studying is a noob trap

Postby Sevenless » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:46 am

A lot of sprucecaps don't remember to check for claim bonds, or understand they can be used to transfer claims for that matter.

Could we have a rework of this mechanic so someone getting KOed doesn't (from their point of view) randomly lose their home 3 days later? If a mechanic is going to be easy to forget how it works, that should be for transferring the claim not for losing it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Claim bond studying is a noob trap

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:52 pm

has been complained about by everyone that has ever interacted with claim bonds idk why they refuse to change this mechanic.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby fierce » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:00 pm

Wouldn't be so bad if there was a warning message on login about someone studying the bond
fierce

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:08 pm

I think claim bonds should be transferred sort of like hats, right click on someone to properly transfer between characters. I do still think they should be a lootable item, maybe the person holding the bond gets full perms on the claim it corresponds to while it's in their study, but the study transfer mechanic is removed.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby vatas » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:15 pm

fierce wrote:Wouldn't be so bad if there was a warning message on login about someone studying the bond

This is the "bare minimum" dev action.

Previous discussions:

Most recent example of the forum community having to explain to someone that the fell into newbie trap.

Loftar saying that having to carry bonds in your study screen is intended downside of owning a claim, gets owned by facts and logic.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby vatas » Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:48 pm

Developers: "We aim to make alts less mandatory."

Also developers: "If you don't offload your p-claims to specific claim alts, you will have less study space and can have your entire claim stolen if you dare to go outside, get ganked, and don't know you have to create a new bond if yours was grabbed."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to Critique & Ideas