Make an easy access trading hub

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Make an easy access trading hub

Postby Granny » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:35 am

From another thread. I was afraid it would drown there.
I know this has been suggested so many times before, but I just wanted to add my 2cents as well.

jorb wrote:
So... what's the actionable development suggestion?

I find there is one addition that would mean so much for the game in the long run:

A common safe trade area, supplied by the game - not players.
Only subscribers can own barter stands. I include use of game tokens in that. If you have paid to play, you can place a barter stand in the trading hub. Each account get x amount of barter stands with container/house type things to be able to manage them.
All players can buy from barter stands, whether you subscribe or not.
All players have direct access - as easy as clicking a button. This is crucial.
Let players figure out the value of things through barter. You do not need to add a currency.

Since all have access it will also be a place for players to ask questions, to socialize , to gloat, brag, show off etc.
Last edited by Granny on Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Granny

Re: Make an easy access trading hub

Postby Fostik » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:23 am

Granny wrote:Only subscribers

Big NO.
Don't let game to become p2w by highlighting more equal players from less equal. Moreover, any automatic system could be easily DoS'ed by players, which must be prevented in any of the ways.

If dev stands on dev market would ever be possible, it should be managed by currency only, so you can own stand by paying for it, with monthly rent payment (to release stands from inactive traders).
As initial barrier for noobs having unnecessary stand there should be gating mechanics, which determines monthly rent amount for stand and price of owning one, based on the amount of currency in the market economy.
For instance, if there is a market with 100 stands, which has 100k coins traded per certain period, then stand owning will cost 100 coins, and if traded coins amount will double, the stand price also doubles.

For sure there can be situations when one player/fraction will buy entire market with stands, and will start to corrupt economic system for their needs, so undercover automatic management should be a lot more advanced than I have described to prevent such cases.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby lordgrunt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:29 pm

Subscriber only stands is a massive shot in the foot. In fact, whole leg goes off.
Tbh if there was such a market to be, forget the whole barter stands idea, leave it for internal village use maybe. Instead just make an UI market as w widget/window listing items with rpices etc. You know, like any modern mmo. Go with time lol.
lordgrunt

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:35 pm

Global trade systems that don't require oversight and could be made from mostly pre-existing code have already been pitched and rejected.

The issue is not mechanics, you're wasting your time even bringing up specifics. If you want the thing you just need to convince Jorbtar of the blatant truth that it would be a good thing. Good luck!
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby chrisrock » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:28 pm

i agreed with you on that other thread and i'll agree again. i dont care too much about the trading part though, and making subscriber only stalls doesnt seem like the best idea, but then again i wouldnt be too interested in the trading part so idc too much. i think it should be more about the socializing and bragging part :twisted: , now that would be really fun and i feel could breath new life into haven. pls jorbtar just do ittt :cry:
would love to hear thoughts on why we shouldnt have something like what we had on salem!
chrisrock

Postby Granny » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:03 pm

I have updated my initial post a bit - by subscription I include everyone that have paid to play, including the use of a game token.
Granny

Postby Massa » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:02 pm

they refuse the ideal on principal and no one can be fucked to make another Community Fair, which is the only reason the game had a heart beat during its time
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Return to Critique & Ideas