Option to toggle Auto stacking items.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Option to toggle Auto stacking items.

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:14 am

I dont like the new stacking feature of the game, in some cases it is quite good but holy F*** it is annoying when you don't want them to stack.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Re: Option to toggle Auto stacking items.

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:18 am

100% agree.

That project that you just worked on for 3 months, released 2 iterations of, and required more coding than a world reset?

Yeah, can you give us the ability to just turn it off?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

only in haven
Zentetsuken

Postby HarryDresden » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:100% agree.

That project that you just worked on for 3 months, released 2 iterations of, and required more coding than a world reset?

Yeah, can you give us the ability to just turn it off?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

only in haven

It would be nice to be able to toggle it for certain things. I like the QOL that it brings for stuff like Nuggets, but the auto-stack of Ore is absolute cancer, especially since it currently won't let you just wheel it into a smelter. I'm sure there's examples of workflows where they hinder stuff, that's just been my first real annoyance.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby lordgrunt » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:07 pm

Couldn't agree more about nuggets. How ever smelter work is just insane to do now. Not only that got broken by the super funny stacks of 3 items. Not sure if this possibility is present in vanilla, but at least ard allows you to sort any stockpile by quality, this way or the other, depends on key combo. This was very important when mining and rendered impossible now with the stacks. Of 3, let me remind again. The only way to create stone/ore stockpile now is to first retrieve single piece from stack (yes, stack of 3) and then shift plop that single stone. And bye bye sorting.
lordgrunt

Postby SiO2 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:07 am

HarryDresden wrote:especially since it currently won't let you just wheel it into a smelter.

This. Honestly, I think loftar never tested it in gameplay. Idea is interesting, but the actual design of user interaction... unpolished to say the least.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Re: Option to toggle stacks.

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:40 am

UPDATED

loftar wrote:The server is now patched with a couple of small fixes:
  • There is a toggle for auto-stacking (under the Adventure->Toggles menu). It defaults to off, but saves its value per-character.
  • With an up-to-date client, container items (toolbelts/creels/&c) can now be toggled into and out of windows either by right-clicking them or by binding them to the hotbelt. That is, in addition to dragging them out of their frames.
  • Also fixed a bug where auto-stacking doesn't work properly in some situations.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Return to Critique & Ideas