EASY FIX TO MINING

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: EASY FIX TO MINING

Postby vatas » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:07 pm

Change Boreworms that they can only burrow in and emerge from specific "boreholes" that spawn in cave terrains.

There is small chance that a "borehole" is on tile that is newly mined out, but there is grace time of a minimum of 10-30 seconds before Boreworm can scoot out of it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:41 pm

benisalt1 wrote:
SlicingTheMoon wrote:So the solution should be as long you have stats and equipment you can just infinitively mine?

eh why not? i bet people like you enjoy mobile games and labor points in archeage

lmao that reminded me of that one guy that said playing mobile games and spending 200 dollars on them is hardcore and haven should follow that, it just shows some people are smoothbrained
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby CSPAN » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:50 am

It took me a lot of persistence with J-baby (that is Jorb that I am referring to. Just in case you were confused by the nickname that I typed, instead of his actual forum name, which is Jorb) to reduce the ore variance. I wish it were gone altogether. Make the quality nodes just like every other resource in the game. By tile and static. I didn't last long this world purely because of changes to clay and how everything related is heavily time gated. I couldn't get those dopamine hits quickly enough to condone playing this self inflicted torture of a game.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:56 am

Static per tile would be so nice. There's no reasonable way for it to be otherwise it's just incredibly annoying with no gain.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Pickard » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:31 am

1. quality variance per tile
2. boulders spawning while mining
3. support decaying
4. slimes spawn while you're mining
5. boreworms spawning on you while mining
6. regional ore/stone spawns

Yeah that's all truе.
But not all truth. This world changes apparently weren't very fun either. 1 week cooldowns added alot of grind.

Several previous worlds my mining progress was like:
lvl1 - get some tin, wax, 2 day, go next
lvl2 - get some copper, iron
lvl3 - same time as lvl2, put minehole into the tunnel or ore spot. At this point, I had coal and all basic metals, didn't care much about quality.
Now time for village building, starting industry, get stats, other early world fun.
lvl4 - skip, using coal spot or tunnel. Nothing good here.
lvl5 - some mining, while getting stats for lvl6. Gold and silver and bloodstone start here, but in tiny quantities, so the goal is to find bloodstone asap and go to lvl6
lvl6 - first level worth extended mining, has decent quantities of rarer ores, has decent qualities. Spent a week-two here. Go to next as gets black ore.
lvl7 - almost the same as lvl6 with better q but harder. Dug here if lvl6 had a bad random (see 6. regional ore/stone spawns)
lvl8 - ok, it is almost the same as lvl9, but with less chance of the top quality resources, but still good if lvl9 has bad luck on some resources
lvl9 - it was tricky to get there last worlds. I was there around week 5-6 all worlds.

What changed this world?
First of all, I now have strict time gates, I have to be ready to build next minehole in exact day, exact hour, everything should be ready - materials, str, str set, pickaxe updated.
Now I have to mine every level for one week, and this can't be skipped. Why? Because I need every bit of quality to build a minehole. Why it is so different from previous worlds? Two reasons: first, when I open new level I have to find an easy spot or have enough str and pick q to place mine pyre to the NEXT level. In a matter of hours. Since I always want straight shaft, finding easy spots is not an option. Second, mineholes into the tunnels below are now prohibited. This is a major nerf. So now I have to dig every level like crazy, even if its all lead, to find something to build a fucking pyre in time.
And worst of all, when I finally built this pyre, nothing is finished. I have to do all this again. And again. 8 times in a row. That's exhausting.
Yes, additional metals are good and fun, until you built you village in the region with only lead and tin on all the lvl 2 and lvl 3. Thanks to a huge ore regions.
Ovearall, I feel it takes 2-3 times more work with much more stress and less fun.

PS. I'm mining every world since w4.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:17 pm

Pickard wrote:What changed this world?
First of all, I now have strict time gates, I have to be ready to build next minehole in exact day, exact hour, everything should be ready - materials, str, str set, pickaxe updated.

What?

So in the past, other people being able to reach level 9 within the first 3 weeks was less stressful for you? Now the same people being roadblocked by the timegates is for some reason forcing YOU to build the minehole in the exact day? Can you clarify if this is what you are referring to? :|
Also keep in mind that once someone breaks down the level, YOUR pyre for that level will take 1 day to burn through, rather than 7, like theirs did.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Pickard » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:59 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Pickard wrote:What changed this world?

What?

So in the past, other people being able to reach level 9 within the first 3 weeks was less stressful for you? Now the same people being roadblocked by the timegates is for some reason forcing YOU to build the minehole in the exact day? Can you clarify if this is what you are referring to? :|

Overall amount of work increased, as you have to explore all the levels, are you agree with it?
Str eateng also was harder as some top foods was nerfed.

By amount of streess I meant mainly lack of luck, couldnt find decent quality quarryartz and iron this world, despite huge efforts. Thanks to regions, because entire areas without any iron, not saying high q is so fun...

Nightdawg wrote:Also keep in mind that once someone breaks down the level, YOUR pyre for that level will take 1 day to burn through, rather than 7, like theirs did.

And last, are you telling me not to build pyre instantly and guess when someone finished their mine than start building? :D
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:46 pm

He's largely right. Mine pyres were the most retarded way imaginable to implement a time gate. It's another case of spending effort to make something drastically worse.

He's even right about it being more effort overall to get to L9 and be """done""" with mining, although more effort across a longer time-frame and most villages having ballpark similar qualities for a few months is insanely worth it, imo.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:27 pm

Pickard wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Also keep in mind that once someone breaks down the level, YOUR pyre for that level will take 1 day to burn through, rather than 7, like theirs did.

And last, are you telling me not to build pyre instantly and guess when someone finished their mine than start building? :D

If someone's pyre finishes before yours, yours will take less than 24 hours to finish. Even if you build yours 6 days after the first person built theirs.
So yeah, you don't have to build it instantly. Some sweaty nerd already built theirs before you either way. If you rush to build it, in the end you're saving a couple of hours, not 6 days of wait time.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Mon May 15, 2023 3:04 pm

Bump with two relatively minor mostly QoL requests:

1. Stone and ore piles inside cave and mine terrain, even when not claimed, are made highly resilient to decay.

2. When a Mine Support takes damage, an SFX is played (even some parts already used by Wrecking Ball would fit I think.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas