EASY FIX TO MINING

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: EASY FIX TO MINING

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:24 pm

SlicingTheMoon wrote:Or accept that mining in the deeper levels need more preparation or people?

Why don't the miner cucks just prepare for getting blocked in by unkillable mobs that spawn instantly every 10 seconds, like how you're prepared to suck my face with your balls.

Edit: since I have been getting some messages to change my statement, I want to make my point very clear: you have every intention to remove all of the hair on my face with nothing but your balls, provided the opportunity.
DDDsDD999

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:18 am

I live in one of the most prospering villages, there's no such thing as preparation or required certain amount of people. Mining is miserable as fucking is. Even the person making this thread is like one of the top 3 miners in haven if not top 1 even. You're a humongous retard for saying this shit and if jorb jizzed in your ass you'd enjoy it cuz its meant to "slow your shit down", miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck miner cuck

No need to be so offended, I was just stating my opinion, sorry I might have touched a sensitive nerve without even realizing it.
Somehow I am not surprised that as you said "one of the Top Miners of the game" made this suggestion.

As you say mining might need to be changed, based on the experience of these top miners.
But there is a chance they are suggesting this just out of their own benefits.

For example: How many people are at these levels of the mine where it gets "unbearable" if it is only a few, then I don't see much of a point of changing it.
Then it is not for the game as a whole but for their own benefits.

The point where it becomes unbearable is like a lid to keep the games quality somewhat stable, if nothing stops or slows down the quality grind
then someone overgeared might make the game unbearable for everyone else.

These are just opinions, no need to get over offended about them, I am happy with a calmer discussion, if you do not mind.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 am

SlicingTheMoon wrote:But there is a chance they are suggesting this just out of their own benefits.

SlicingTheMoon wrote:These are just opinions, no need to get over offended about them, I am happy with a calmer discussion, if you do not mind.

Talk with me then. I will try to ask this in the most objective way possible.

How did you come to the conclusion that the top miners only want this for their own benefits?
If you read this thread, the top miners, who are always producing the highest quality anvil sets, and are always at the top by a very large margin, want mining to be less annoying *for everyone*, which would result in the "noob miners" having an easier life too, which would make them able to catch up to the big boys faster.

What is your thought process here? How are you determining that if trollex wants more people to enjoy mining, which would lower the quality difference between him and other people who are more casual, it means that he will benefit from this more than the people who are struggling and have a way worse experience with these obnoxious mechanics?

So what trollex (or any other top miner) would gain from this is:
- A less annoying mining experience
- He would spend less time dealing with the boring sorting crap caused by the quality variance

Meanwhile, the people who struggle a lot with mining would gain:
- A less annoying/stressful mining experience
- They would spend less time dealing with the boring sorting crap caused by the quality variance
- They wouldn't have to get severely wounded/knocked out by the 15 slimes that randomly spawn on them
- They wouldn't have to get severely wounded/knocked out by the 3 random boreworms that spawn behind them
- They wouldn't have to be blocked by the boulders randomly spawning in front of them, cancelling loftar's pathfinding for the mining action
- They wouldn't have to randomly get knocked out by cave-ins caused by their client not having an alarm siren going off and stopping their character from mining whenever the mining support is about to collapse

How is making a mechanic less annoying benefitting him more, rather than benefitting literally everyone? This is a video game, not an annoyance simulator. Most of the players refuse to mine because of how annoying it is.
How are you coming to this conclusion?
Are you even a miner? Have you experienced this stuff first hand?
Why do you have to bash on his suggestions simply because he is a competent miner?
Why do you want this stuff to stay so toxic and obnoxious for all players?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:47 am

sure is cacophonous in here guys

im sure mining is fine just the way it is, the devs are doing alright 8-)
Zentetsuken

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:13 am

Another thing to note which isn't seen much in suggestions or other discussions is the fact that walking through mined out tunnels is probably one of worst experiences you can have. It was like that for everything in game back in legacy, but these days you can bump off or slide by most objects, including entire forest experience. Thanks devs for that!
Yet mines are left out completely. And then you have random, obnoxious spawns of dangerous creatures in even more dangerous numbers. In narrow, often winding tunnels. These encounters that leave you insta aggroed by an army of enemies are not really comparable to any other situation in game. If you get aggroed, mind you with random and rather low chance, by cave dwellers while walking through natural caves, it just up to you how well were you prepared for it to simply run away and avoid it completely. Not to mention forest experience, its many times easier to be safe there.
So, in short, mining out slimes and boreworms should be scrapped completely.
Signed, middle tier miner with vast experience.
lordgrunt

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:31 am

Kinda funny to go back and look at updates that introduced some of the worst mechanics in the game. Consistently a bunch of people realize exactly how something will be awful within /minutes/. It's never, like, big brain 3d chess reasoning either... It's just obvious as hell to anybody who plays the game.

Then there's Jorb saying it's a tiny irrelevant thing he doesn't care about much that will brick the game for like 5 years for no reason.

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:52 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Kinda funny to go back and look at updates that introduced some of the worst mechanics in the game. Consistently a bunch of people realize exactly how something will be awful within /minutes/. It's never, like, big brain 3d chess reasoning either... It's just obvious as hell to anybody who plays the game.

Then there's Jorb saying it's a tiny irrelevant thing he doesn't care about much that will brick the game for like 5 years for no reason.

The most hilarious part about mining boulders isn't the fact that they added something to the game that nobody asked for.
It isn't the fact that it could have been avoided with communication and transparency before working on it.
It isn't the fact that it could have seen solved with a simple toggle.
It isn't the fact that they needlessly add tedium to things that they have practically no experience with.
It isn't the fact that their own limited experience in playing their own game constantly has them implementing out of touch features.

The most hilarious part is that if YOU, Snail, did not throw your hat in the "update bad" ring, there is a much, much higher chance that they would have had a change of heart.

:lol:
Zentetsuken

Postby bumfrog » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:17 pm

SlicingTheMoon wrote:No need to be so offended, I was just stating my opinion, sorry I might have touched a sensitive nerve without even realizing it.
Somehow I am not surprised that as you said "one of the Top Miners of the game" made this suggestion.

As you say mining might need to be changed, based on the experience of these top miners.
But there is a chance they are suggesting this just out of their own benefits.

For example: How many people are at these levels of the mine where it gets "unbearable" if it is only a few, then I don't see much of a point of changing it.
Then it is not for the game as a whole but for their own benefits.

The point where it becomes unbearable is like a lid to keep the games quality somewhat stable, if nothing stops or slows down the quality grind
then someone overgeared might make the game unbearable for everyone else.

These are just opinions, no need to get over offended about them, I am happy with a calmer discussion, if you do not mind.

I sentence you to 1 (one) hour of mining a day for the next week. That way you will have a grand total of 7hrs mining experience (I wouldn’t call myself a Top Miner at all and I have hundreds if not thousands), then maybe you’ll have a remotely informed opinion.

Until then no amount of pseudointellectual waffling will be heard. Your opinion is shit.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby strpk0 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:35 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Kinda funny to go back and look at updates that introduced some of the worst mechanics in the game. Consistently a bunch of people realize exactly how something will be awful within /minutes/. It's never, like, big brain 3d chess reasoning either... It's just obvious as hell to anybody who plays the game.

The most hilarious part about mining boulders isn't the fact that they added something to the game that nobody asked for.
It isn't the fact that it could have been avoided with communication and transparency before working on it.
It isn't the fact that it could have seen solved with a simple toggle.
It isn't the fact that they needlessly add tedium to things that they have practically no experience with.
It isn't the fact that their own limited experience in playing their own game constantly has them implementing out of touch features.

The most hilarious part is that if YOU, Snail, did not throw your hat in the "update bad" ring, there is a much, much higher chance that they would have had a change of heart.

:lol:

Also the fact that they have the balls to turn around and say "but where's the actionable development feedback?" whenever people get angry at them.

Literal 5-minutes-of-work fix. Will not go addressed for probably months (years?) to come. Added to the game, randomly, with no feedback or request (other than the devs deciding "its cute lol"), now its just there.

Buy hat
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Dakkan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:43 pm

Mining W10 was the most fun I've had in this game doing actual intended game mechanics and not just dumb ass larp projects. Every one of these changes over the years just sucked the fun right out of mining. Every time something was implemented there were always mental gymnastics of "well it sucks, but could be tweaked to be better/more interesting/useful/not absolute CBT." But the tweaking never happens, so fuck all these changes, get rid of them, don't even bother trying to pull a Seasons.

Also stop trying to have a discussion with a fucking moron who just wants to VDZaculate all over the thread.
Dakkan

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas