MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: MAKE SIEGE REAL AGAIN

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:18 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:multi-player stardew valley

the good ending
Zentetsuken

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:22 am

legacy siege is actually prob as good as itll get tbhing, bringing back palibashing with a higher str requirement so its doable later in the world would be cool too. the current pali/bwall differences are a bit lame. the time it takes to siege is already so long that no one even bothers building a bwall because its a lot of extra effort for no gain. i think the standard ram camping while making them semi-easy for people to bash is good though. catapults can still be used for defense/offense to break rams/each other. wrecking balls can be used by the claim over to break their own shit and should have a much smaller timer, GOOD ENOUGH. even the shield system despite some of its faults is still significantly better than what we have now.

we should also go back to 60% hhp dmg, death is more forgiving than ever and it should be more possible again..
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jorb » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:36 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:

the good ending

... and this is the usual story with all the "feedback" that we "refuse to acknowledge": There is a cacophony of voices of every possible opinion, and it is at the end of the day left entirely as an excercise to us to try to sift out the broad and well-informed consensus from that.

We're doing allright.

:)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:05 pm

jorb wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:

the good ending

... and this is the usual story with all the "feedback" that we "refuse to acknowledge": There is a cacophony of voices of every possible opinion, and it is at the end of the day left entirely as an excercise to us to try to sift out the broad and well-informed consensus from that.

We're doing allright.

how about you exercise playing your game and experience the actual issues first hand rather than saying this

you would instantly filter out the retarded sprucecaps and their dumbass groundless opinions
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby DonVelD » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:31 pm

okay so i made this thread because i was losing my mind, but i still genuinely think siege should be less time consuming, it also should be way easier to die as said
ChildhoodObesity wrote:
legacy siege is actually prob as good as itll get tbhing, bringing back palibashing with a higher str requirement so its doable later in the world would be cool too. the current pali/bwall differences are a bit lame. the time it takes to siege is already so long that no one even bothers building a bwall because its a lot of extra effort for no gain. i think the standard ram camping while making them semi-easy for people to bash is good though. catapults can still be used for defense/offense to break rams/each other. wrecking balls can be used by the claim over to break their own shit and should have a much smaller timer, GOOD ENOUGH. even the shield system despite some of its faults is still significantly better than what we have now.

we should also go back to 60% hhp dmg, death is more forgiving than ever and it should be more possible again..

there. jorb instead of memeing on aleck trolling (as he always does) could you please listen to the players that actually are interested in this content?? or as nightdawg said ideally play the game and actually understand the problem? i wish the game was more fun and the only thing that makes me actually stay is having fun with my friends, the game has a lot of shitty aspects and it makes me fucking insane, plz fix kthxbye
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:07 pm

jorb wrote:There is a cacophony of voices of every possible opinion

Tell us about the cacophony of varied opinions about boulders
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:03 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
jorb wrote:There is a cacophony of voices of every possible opinion

Tell us about the cacophony of varied opinions about boulders

And the hunger system fucking you for playing the game not on alts. And Livestock variance requiring a million animals to approach maximum growth. And pepper/truffles being a bot-only task. And needing to carry a million waterskins to not die of dehydration in PVP. And Bonds taking up study space if you don't want to use claim alts/new players losing their claims if they don't know this unexplained mechanic.
DDDsDD999

Postby Massa » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:09 pm

jorb wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:

the good ending

We're doing allright.

bro it's dire
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby bumfrog » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:16 pm

“how are we supposed to know good opinions from bad?”

Part one: understanding the game you made

Part two: critical thinking skills
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:46 pm

jorb wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:

the good ending

We're doing allright.

Yes, I can't even imagine how challenging it is to sift through the endless chaotic bombardment of opinions.
I am not even a developer and sometimes I cannot sleep at night attempting to comprehend the sheer scope and magnitude of this debate.

Are the 5 people who actively use siege and want siege to be in the game correct?
Or is it the people who don't want to be sieged?

I am literally in real life shaking and crying at the impossible spectrum of opinions to consider on this subject.

200 people online and 7 of them actively sharing all their opinions, sometimes all in the same thread.
It's a wonder that we are getting any updates at all with this pandemonius bedlam.

Is Siege good? Perhaps ...bad?
The unwavering maelstrom of indecisiveness spanning across an infinite spectrum of potential outcomes is practically quantum in its articulation.

It is enough to drive one mad.
Last edited by Zentetsuken on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zentetsuken

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas