Game Suggestion: Push Animals

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Game Suggestion: Push Animals

Postby bumfrog » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:23 am

Getting boxed in by a bunch of shitty little animals feels awful, unfair, and unrealistic. Especially terrible in dungeons and getting trapped by a bunch of little green gelatins while mining.

Let us use the “Push” feature on wild animals. Make it require some skill, str/animal size determine stam loss, count as combat instigation, whatever. There’s no reason tiny animals like bats should form impassable walls for a big stronk hearthling.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Re: Game Suggestion: Push Animals

Postby Clemins » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:49 am

bumfrog wrote:Getting boxed in by a bunch of shitty little animals feels awful, unfair, and unrealistic. Especially terrible in dungeons and getting trapped by a bunch of little green gelatins while mining.

Let us use the “Push” feature on wild animals. Make it require some skill, str/animal size determine stam loss, count as combat instigation, whatever. There’s no reason tiny animals like bats should form impassable walls for a big stronk hearthling.

Yeah sure why not, though they'd need to be temporarily stunned, pushed a greater distance than the standard push on a player, or something like that. I feel like they'd just path back into you immediately after pushing them.
Clemins

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 am

+1
r0ck4ev3r wrote:...maybe some kind of hearth-magic exp-waster to bull-rush pushing a non-player back a tile or something....
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby HarryDresden » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:02 am

+1 to bullying animals.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby lordgrunt » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:13 pm

lordgrunt

Return to Critique & Ideas