Alchemy Suggestions

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Alchemy Suggestions

Postby Austinh15 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:46 pm

Lalaxx wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:This entire thread reeks of skill issues and whiny puny alchemy nerds. Back in my day, I didn't know if a potion would turn my swollen bumps into nerve damage. Just get better nerds idk what to say I even made a public resource for you.

What's your point even? You don't want alchemy become more viable and convinient? What's your comment about?
Or you just scared once alchemy become one of the key aspects of the game (which i want it to be) then more people actually start learning it?

Right now its clunky,annoying and not very efficient so no one really cares about it except kinds of you.
But I can assume it still got a lot of development time so devs should really think about finishing it off.

You're saying all of this to the guy who actively teaches and helps people learn the already pretty basic formulas. The biggest difficulty is trial and error in alchemy and beside the UI change I don't want to see alchemy being the fix all for everything. All problems with alchemy during the crafting stage stem from Jorbtar's annoying last in first out inv system. If we had a UI we could at least control what ingredients are going where rather than having to order our inventory exactly the right way. Not to mention that no calcinations, grinds, or any resultant of a process tells you about their parent ingredients. Which is very frustrating at times but I believe there are some unfounded larp reasons for this or something.

Either way, everything you've complained about I've spoken to jorb about.

Stop making me effort post like a cringe idiot and accept that alchemy is legit just cooking reskinned but you just have to rediscover everything each world.
Austinh15

Postby Luno » Wed May 31, 2023 7:13 pm

Alchemy already allows your whole village to study quicksilver globes as much as you want without need for ancient roots.
Also, alchemical healing stacks with first aid healing, this thread is stupid. Alchemy is rewarding enough, it should NOT be a crucial part of every village, which it will be if you make it too strong. The fun of alchemy comes from how obtuse it can be and how rewarding it is for those who bother learning it, without making it too op as to not make it a vital part of the game like cooking and farming is.
Your awful thread would have more credit if you actually learned alchemy first, and i can tell you didn't because you think 150 chills and nausea takes 1 week to heal. On a decent bed it probably won't take 12 hours to heal. And it's not even a good elixir, you could easily pair more effects on that potion to make the wound smaller.
Here's what a good elixir looks like:
Please get good before you start complaining about it.

I agree about the UI complaints, except the part of the alchemical products not telling what ingredient they are made of. It's your fault for being disorganized and being stupid.

EDIT: You can replace that calcination with dolomite or marble. Sorry, it's an old recipe, also if it doesn't work it might be because the distillate has both strength ingredients in it, i don't recall if that actually works, so just swap the lamp stalk with the gneiss or bay bolete if it doesn't.
Last edited by Luno on Wed May 31, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luno

Postby Lalaxx » Wed May 31, 2023 7:21 pm

Austinh15 wrote:This entire thread reeks of skill issues and whiny puny alchemy nerds. Back in my day, I didn't know if a potion would turn my swollen bumps into nerve damage. Just get better nerds

And what? Did you thought its more fun to die from elixir or disable your character for 2 weeks?
Austinh15 wrote:Either way, everything you've complained about I've spoken to jorb about.

If you want changes for UI why instead of constructive critic you just came to resent?

Alchemy created community around itself once it was added, but now there is only few alchemist left that still believe alchemy need convenience update and a buff.

Austinh15 wrote:Stop making me effort post like a cringe idiot

Then don't, you're clearly a kid that can't add too much to topic except insults.
Lalaxx

Postby Lalaxx » Wed May 31, 2023 7:24 pm

Luno wrote:this thread is stupid.
Your awful thread would have more credit if you actually learned alchemy first
Please get good before you start complaining about it.
It's your fault for being disorganized and being stupid.

Another one
Lalaxx

Postby Luno » Wed May 31, 2023 7:28 pm

Lalaxx wrote:Another one

Wow! What a clever response! You really are able to complain about others only responding to you with insults, you have so much ground for it!
Luno

Postby Austinh15 » Wed May 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Lalaxx wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:This entire thread reeks of skill issues and whiny puny alchemy nerds. Back in my day, I didn't know if a potion would turn my swollen bumps into nerve damage. Just get better nerds

And what? Did you thought its more fun to die from elixir or disable your character for 2 weeks?
Austinh15 wrote:Either way, everything you've complained about I've spoken to jorb about.

If you want changes for UI why instead of constructive critic you just came to resent?

Alchemy created community around itself once it was added, but now there is only few alchemist left that still believe alchemy need convenience update and a buff.

Austinh15 wrote:Stop making me effort post like a cringe idiot

Then don't, you're clearly a kid that can't add too much to topic except insults.

1. Nope I'm just saying it's already come a long way with some much needed changes and is already on par with other systems in terms of usability and system design. It's on par for the course now.

2. I was a part of that community and have shared my knowledge and given countless classes on alchemy, sharing every bit I know. Even preventing people from profiting on the ignorance of others or under cutting those who wish to sell outside of the realm of convenience. I helped MAKE the community my man.

3. I've added way more to the profession of alchemy, more than you ever will so please sit down. I'd rather them focus on other issues in the game that matter than put time enhancing something that is decent as is in terms of system structure.

I'm insulting you because people who refuse to learn a system before commenting on it are the most arrogant players and your existence annoys me. It's a natural response to seeing shit on your shoe.
Austinh15

Postby Lalaxx » Wed May 31, 2023 10:35 pm

Austinh15 wrote:I'm insulting you because people who refuse to learn a system before commenting on it are the most arrogant players and your existence annoys me. It's a natural response to seeing shit on your shoe.

For your information our village was trading those elixirs and you came to my topic to insult me for selling elixirs and whine that you don't have tools yet and threated me with showing all my recipes on forum for free soon when you get the tools from precious metal. When you were typing threats on my topic our village already knew 90% ingredient effects.
Even then elixirs weren't selling good. Though you trying to prevent selling elixirs for meat and guano for kingdom e.t.c. I think we only sold couple bum burns.

Austinh15 wrote:2. I was a part of that community and have shared my knowledge and given countless classes on alchemy, sharing every bit I know. Even preventing people from profiting on the ignorance of others or under cutting those who wish to sell outside of the realm of convenience. I helped MAKE the community my man.
3. I've added way more to the profession of alchemy, more than you ever will so please sit down. I'd rather them focus on other issues in the game that matter than put time enhancing something that is decent as is in terms of system structure.

You are such a bright example of narcissistic personality disorder.
Lalaxx

Postby Austinh15 » Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 pm

Lalaxx wrote:
Austinh15 wrote:I'm insulting you because people who refuse to learn a system before commenting on it are the most arrogant players and your existence annoys me. It's a natural response to seeing shit on your shoe.

For your information our village was trading those elixirs and you came to my topic to insult me for selling elixirs and whine that you don't have tools yet and threated me with showing all my recipes on forum for free soon when you get the tools from precious metal. When you were typing threats on my topic our village already knew 90% ingredient effects.
Even then elixirs weren't selling good. Though you trying to prevent selling elixirs for meat and guano for kingdom e.t.c. I think we only sold couple bum burns.

Austinh15 wrote:2. I was a part of that community and have shared my knowledge and given countless classes on alchemy, sharing every bit I know. Even preventing people from profiting on the ignorance of others or under cutting those who wish to sell outside of the realm of convenience. I helped MAKE the community my man.

You are such a bright example of narcissistic personality disorder.

Wait you sold bum burn potions to people? Our conversation is over you literally scammed people for bat guano and shit. Those potions are almost legit worthless. You took advantage of a garbage mechanic and sold a "cure" for it. It's hard to not be so narcissistic when the competition is this scummy and whiny. Makes me feel like a king and I barely did anything.
Austinh15

Postby Lalaxx » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:04 am

Austinh15 wrote:Those potions are almost legit worthless. You took advantage of a garbage mechanic and sold a "cure" for it. It's hard to not be so narcissistic when the competition is this scummy and whiny. Makes me feel like a king and I barely did anything.

So you telling me that elixirs are worthless and yet they don't need a buff.
Also this elixir were sold to Coco who literally scamming people for real money.

And why exactly you think selling elixirs for bat guano is scam? People were bringing me bat guano to get better buffs for free, and I was giving them elixirs and equipment for that still.
Most people just agree to trade some meat for high quality potion to heal their seal fingers, crab carassings etc without need to build whole setup for it and a table with precious metal tools. We had almost half grid of space just for alchemy to store ingredients more conveniently.
Lalaxx

Postby Luno » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:13 am

Lalaxx wrote:So you telling me that elixirs are worthless and yet they don't need a buff.

Do you rly think bum burn cure should be buffed, you fuckin macaco?

Lalaxx wrote:And why exactly you think selling elixirs for bat guano is scam?

Ah, nevermind, you are just too slow for human conversation. It's not the elixir that is the problem, it's the bum burn cure.

Lalaxx wrote:People were bringing me bat guano to get better buffs for free

How is it free if they paid you bat guano, you dipshit?
Luno

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas