Chickens with longer despawn timers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Chickens with longer despawn timers

Postby Trifle » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:06 am

I love having chickens running out and about, please add some way to have them take longer to despawn, maybe have them locked to a specific coop or something.
I don't care about the quality going up, I just want them wandering around for ambience.

Last edited by Trifle on Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trifle

Re: Chickens with longer respawn timers

Postby Mopstar » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:12 am

bretty good
Wolfang wrote:
+1 I don't know how he did it, but Mopstar did steal his own stuff. You have to be a pretty hardcore thief to be able to steal your own things!
Mopstar

Postby Karede » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:17 am

Quality LARP
Karede

Postby Massa » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:33 am

this is unironically a good idea is non q10 chickens lasting significantly longer

no reproduction without a coop though to keep birth rates at replacement levels no tyrant should commodify real estate
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:53 am

+1 I remember my first day playing haven in legacy i saw a guy's claim and he had a chicken coop outside the claim where chickens spawned right in front of it, i thought it meant they leave the coop and wander around and i was really excited to build coops because i thought that was awesome and was left disappointed.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:44 am

If you could optionally enable from the coop that it sends out "ghosts" of the rooster/hen/chick inside to wander near the coop.

Easiest/least intrusive way of achieving this.

Or maybe the wandering chicken would retain some sort of locked position in the coop while it is out, and returns there / is counted being there for the purposes of eating/drinking/laying eggs?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Chickens with longer despawn timers

Postby Omnispike » Tue May 02, 2023 10:57 pm

+1
This is a great idea for making a lively farm vibes :D
Omnispike

Postby SlicingTheMoon » Thu May 04, 2023 9:19 pm

That looks absolutely lovely, I never thought of chickens as decorations. Would love it implemented even if I would never use it.
Always working on intelligent Village Designs.
SlicingTheMoon

Postby vatas » Fri May 05, 2023 2:39 pm

The implementation I suggested would also have some practical uses as well: you could see if you have chicks hatched, excess roosters, etc. without checking every Coop.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Sat May 06, 2023 7:36 am

Karede wrote:Quality LARP

No joke.

What about making a mechanic like the hand that gives that allows chickens to stay up long time(within the radius or we)?
pawnchito

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas