PVP STAT CAP GOOD

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: PVP STAT CAP GOOD

Postby Massa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:40 am

DonVelD wrote:no thanks gilding sucks also do you ever pvp like genuinely

he did in 2009 he's like some fucking boomer from the trenches of ww2 talking shit in the comments on the videos of us getting suicide drone swarmedto hardbass on twitter
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:34 am

gildings are fine zadeks being a weeny but you don't want someones combat power to be directly tied to how willing they are to recycle 300 pairs of linen pants lol
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:36 am

I think it'd be funny to make gilding your primary source of power. You get killed, but your friend loots you so you lose nothing.

I'm already mad about the game making you choose between fun utility vs. power with the whole backpack/Mrobe vs. hussars/vap dilemma, adding to it by not letting you use pockets either would be pretty poggers champion. People who are ready to fight deserve to suffer.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Halbertz » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:31 am

Potjeh wrote:How about equipment based caps? You can raise combat stats same as now, but the actual values used for combat calculations are capped at like 300. Instead of adding directly to combat stats, gildings raise this cap. So you can have like 2k str but you can only punch with 300 str naked, but if you put on a ton of str boosting gilding you can use like 700 of your 2k str. So you can have different combat builds based on what gear you wear, ie choose if you want to focus on gildings for str or for ua for example. You can get a lot higher stats than somebody naked if you put on a fancy equipment set that had a lot of XP poured into it via gilding song. An equipment set like that would be very valuable so every time you take it out you risk not just losing it, but your enemies gaining it. So generally you'd want to stick with mid-tier sets if it's not a critically important fight and thus a faction fighter wouldn't outstat a dedicated hermit by that much in a random encounter. And the best part about equipment capping is that it's not technically a hardcap so you can always grind it up, but since it's largely based on your industry it falls off fast like quality progression.

That sounds fun, but to implement this system you need to do something with gilding. Right now as mentioned above it is brute force simulator aka i've got 9999 pants.
Halbertz

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas