PVP STAT CAP GOOD

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: PVP STAT CAP GOOD

Postby DonVelD » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:15 pm

reexar77 wrote:In modern scenarios it doesn't matter anymore because combat was revamped twice since the stat cap, you didn't have attacks like QB back then etc, everybody used sting cause shields were too OP , b12 users were gibbed hard especially at the start of w9 cause shield block was a must in most 1v1 , b12 users were like the final straw in big fights, 3 sword and shield users spam stuff to open you and then the b12 cleaves.

but yes in the current scenario agility isn't as important as it was back then, but the agility thing was a issue, just like bows were so op they could insta kill you with 1 click back then.

then why say anything if it was in the past, do you just want to take a jab at pvpers? just call me a retard then and move on
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby DonVelD » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I'm not gonna read anything in this thread, and you all already know it:

***ROLLING*** stat caps. Not static. ROLLING.

Thank you.

static also good if it was a reasonable number like 500 or slightly less/more, i like the idea of not needing to grind stats indefinitely & feel completion at some point.
also imagine joining the world late and still being able to pvp without feeling bad about it

tho the main thing for me is the cap and it being only for pvp stats because who cares about the other ones.

it'd be certainly cool if it was possible to go over 500 but only for pve/mining etc. cause i dont want the cap for strength to be 4000 just because it'd make mining impossible otherwise lol.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:29 pm

Start with rolling x per week then end with static 500 is the best idea ever
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Clemins » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:50 pm

If for some reason the devs actually see any of this and actually put it on the real to-do list and not the will consider one, Jorb/Loftar, for the love of god PLEASE don't just take the core idea of this and run wild. This is something that needs to be balanced with the community as a whole best interests in mind. Discuss with us what you like/dislike, what you think will work/won't work before spending a bunch of time on this and it not turning out quite like it should've.

noindyfikator wrote:Start with rolling x per week then end with static 500 is the best idea ever

Mixing rolling stat caps and a max cap is also an excellent idea tbh. Can spend more of the early world playing the game instead of huddling in a cave fighting each other for spitroasted fish like starving cavemen.
Clemins

Postby Clemins » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:01 pm

vatas wrote:Would it make any sense that even if there is a hard cap of 300, you can raise STR to 500 but it will only count as 300? You could still "pre-grind" for the next rolling cap this way.

(In Nightdawg's thread about this): viewtopic.php?f=48&t=73790&start=20

That's actually a good point I did not consider, i retract my statement about rolling stats + cap unless someone can figure this out in a way it wont get super messy.

Back to being team just stat cap
Clemins

Postby _Scipio » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:04 am

I'm a fan of the nonlinear increase to bonuses like quality uses.

We have this but for the bonuses that stats apply, just adjust the formula until grinding the stats stops being reasonable at some point.

Simply put, increasing diminishing returns for increasing the stats.
mizdirector89 wrote: No, their version of 'interrogating' was just saying 'speak up, you better talk' over and over while they killed our characters.

Warriors of Annihilation
_Scipio

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:08 am

Not saying I'm for or against anything, but stat differentiation seems like less of an issue that affects fewer people than gaining stats just being unfun/needlessly complex.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby terechgracz » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:32 pm

_Scipio wrote:I'm a fan of the nonlinear increase to bonuses like quality uses.

We have this but for the bonuses that stats apply, just adjust the formula until grinding the stats stops being reasonable at some point.

That won't really change anything. Even if 10000 str is just 10% stronger than 1000str then people at first will assume its 10x stronger. This would cause some people to become discouraged to play if they can't reach stats of titans. Pvp stats should be hard capped.

Edit: also check current formulas, gains are pretty diminishing.
terechgracz

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:49 am

For many things, it already works this way.
At 90 con, you have 300 HP. At 250, 500 HP.

But unlike quality gains that are inherently grounded by their connection to clay and bone and other things with natural limitations, attributes can be increased at frightening rates when you have high quality symbels and botted mass production. Quality gains slow down once you reach a natural support (currently.) Attribute gains snowball as there's nothing dragging on those numbers ticking up (sort of like how anvil quality spiraling was accelerating back in WW 11(?)).

Satiation and hunger, with proper symbels, aren't enough to stop even the act of eating itself from taking an inordinate amount of time for villages that bot production of large amounts of food. Even the act of eating itself can be botted. It's harder to do that these days though than it was back in old Haven, where a union bot that would eat for you was standard and efficient. I suspect that's why this thread is even seeing support from the "Elite PvPers" that rely on bots, because even they are tired of eating.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby telum12 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:37 am

Why do retards who don't know how the game work post shit like this.

Mfker even has a Trump picture. Dumbass american fake-news roleplayer, christ.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas