Optional spawn points, centered and random.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Optional spawn points, centered and random.

Postby donatas081294 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:15 pm

Thoughts on what if there were more optional spawn points. I know that the fire one is random and the skull on a stick is for friend/s invite spawn point, but what about if there were like another optional spawn point and that it was center/middle of the map, maybe at the ring of brodgar?
The idea would be that you are given a choice to spawn at the center of the map which could be nooby/community driven spot for those who are more interested with playing with other people and make more mmorpg feel to it, there could be an "main/official" market/village spot as new people could be able to flock to it with the help of others and if they missbehave and start breaking shit, stealing shit, breaking owned study desks or just eating every single food which is rationed for the community (like what's the point of eating 100 of the same food if your hunger bar is way overfilled) those inviduals could be pvped into either submission to behave or forced to be exiled. Also I believe there also would be social hermits too which would hang around and trade.
Sure there could be something like spies, but I think aggresive little village would be just outnumbered.
Since it would be a nice thing to have an option to either spawn random, hopefully further away from center or any villages to experience that "single player feel". Or spawn at community center to see how it is and I bet the game feels way different from playing by yourself to playing in a group taking on certain tasks, either a focused profession or mix character which does a little bit of everything.

Also I guess the people would say that it's dumb, because it becomes an easy spot to raid, but hey this could be dealt with pvp as empires in the center of it would rise and fall. And it would produce some interesting drama for those who would wish to take over it (which if too abused the devs could just thanos snap their characters or just bring their stats all back to starting level).
Let's see what other issues you guys gonna bring up. And for those that the game is "gonna lose it's original feel" well this isn't legacy, this is hafen. Almost 2 different games.
donatas081294

Re: Optional spawn points, centered and random.

Postby donatas081294 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:20 pm

40 views and no opposition means everyone is in favour of this idea?
donatas081294

Postby DonVelD » Thu May 04, 2023 10:43 pm

no it means you just shat out a wall of text and nobody bothered to read it to give an appropriate response
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 pm

DonVelD wrote:no it means you just shat out a wall of text and nobody bothered to read it to give an appropriate response

dagrimreefah

Postby noindyfikator » Fri May 05, 2023 6:17 am

DonVelD wrote:no it means you just shat out a wall of text and nobody bothered to read it to give an appropriate response

True
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby donatas081294 » Fri May 05, 2023 8:03 pm

That's okay, not many people have the brain capacity to read large texts, I think they call them slow.
donatas081294

Postby vatas » Fri May 05, 2023 8:26 pm

I've been proposing a world desing like this:
(Image is a mock-up made by quickly cutting and pasting a screenshot of the current world map.)

Main design pillars:
A) Everyone would spawn on the Central Continent.
B) Moving to another Continent would be a voluntary act of isolation and easily achievable by Whirpool travel
C) There would be some incentive to stay on Central Continent (Boston-like Market, Has more localized resources, etc.)

There are some problems though:
*Unless you apply some arbitrary/non-intuitive limits to inter-continent travel through Whirlpools, if "Sprucecaps" can travel easily to other continents, so can "Villains."
*Even if most PvP/rampant griefing can be "contained" to Central Continent, how to communicate to player that they need to move continents before making something they get super attached to on Central Continent and then quit the game when Villain comes in, threatens to trash it and everyone's reaction is "just move bro."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby bumfrog » Fri May 05, 2023 10:20 pm

bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Kyrex » Mon May 08, 2023 12:24 pm

Random maps are good, and player made spawn points are possible (not just beacons, charters can enable spawning too).

Maybe spawning together in a group would be good for world start or something, but specified points I don't like.
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Return to Critique & Ideas