Refer to in-game days/hours with "obsolete" English

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Refer to in-game days/hours with "obsolete" English

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:19 pm

Loftar wakes up every single day and actively decides timers being useable, but non-composite/"ugly numbers" would be worse than them being intentionally misleading.

IDK how to say this nicely, but if you said that to a psychologist they'd give you an autism diagnosis on the spot. I often struggle with perfectionism too, so I empathize.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby overtyped » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:06 am

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Not when "1d" means anything between "7h 17m 41s" and "14h 35m 21s"

Oh, you mean for the things that are intentionally inaccurate. The "7h 17m 41s" syntax is for curiosities, though, and the intentionally inaccurate specifications wouldn't include that many parts.

Since you are already fiddling with numbers, add a hard cap to combat stats, and move the game towards trading, crafting, and exploring already, rather than botting combat skills you lout!
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:35 am

MooCow wrote:
r0ck4ev3r wrote:Däys or Wëëks

Best suggestion I've seen so far.
  • Unambiguously different from real word
  • Recognisable references to day/week without additional information
  • Looks good
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby VDZ » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:33 pm

loftar wrote:
  • I'd have to immolate myself for calendaric heresy if I made the in-game day anything other than 24 in-game hours.

The year isn't 365 days. Why does the day have to be 24 hours?
VDZ

Postby vatas » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:14 am

Updated OP.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas