Stone or wood Mining Support (no metal required)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Stone or wood Mining Support (no metal required)

Postby riker88 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:50 am

Title says it all
riker88

Re: Stone or wood Mining Support (no metal required)

Postby Ganhart » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:36 pm

Why?
Ganhart

Postby Sevenless » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:00 am

Ganhart wrote:Why?

Because realistically the grugging stage of the world at the start of bashing cavewalls and getting unlucky isn't really fun for anyone. Natural supports are far too rare to really "count" as an alternative.

I've suggested this (basic wood one to start, then a hard metal + stone version later) in the past\

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=74995&p=926179&hilit=supports#p926179
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Rebs » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:18 am

The only way I would be happy with this is if its a small range like 2 tile radius and it only has enough health to support 1 cave in tile before it needs repairing.
Rebs

Postby vatas » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:10 am

Rebs wrote:The only way I would be happy with this is if its a small range like 2 tile radius and it only has enough health to support 1 cave in tile before it needs repairing.

Sounds fair to me, since the use case would be to enable testing a cave wall for spot you can start playing "minesweeper" from.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby cellites » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:23 pm

Ya a super basic low radius support for testing cave walls would be a great addition, id personally make it require a large number of blocks and planks.
cellites

Postby Ø » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:32 pm

Rebs wrote:The only way I would be happy with this is if its a small range like 2 tile radius and it only has enough health to support 1 cave in tile before it needs repairing.

Could we make it 3 tiles for those areas where there isn't any good placement without being completely in the way of where you're trying to mine?
Ø

Postby HarryDresden » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:31 pm

2 or 3 tiles would be fair, though I would say 2 hits would be preferred. Maybe a rock column could require a specific hard stone, like Granite, Quartz, etc and take a few extra hits for a 4-5 radius.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Return to Critique & Ideas