Proposal: Its time all credo's got a rebalance.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Proposal: Its time all credo's got a rebalance.

Postby bmjclark » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:19 pm

Pills wrote: - Remove taming quests, it just feels stupid and makes no sense that a wandering nomad would have a homestead somewhere that they are trying to beat a horse into sumbission. Thematically nonesense.[/hide]

I hate these quests so much and the funny thing is that I don't even think they work. I tamed a horse (as in, literally got it's tame to 100 and it turned into a domesticated horse) and it didn't give me quest credit. At very least if we're going to have stupid quests like this it'd be nice if they worked
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Aerona » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:32 pm

I'd give them a 2 out of 5, though that doesn't quite negate the point. It's because a lot of them are too easy and a few of them are too hard, only about 1 in ten of them are both fun and challenging. (About that many more are fun but mindless and seem like a wasted opportunity.)

I'll note the problem with the nomad quest raised is not that it's "thematic nonsense" for a nomad to tame animals, but that it's nonsense that the only way to tame animals is to tie them to a hitching post and leave them there for a long time. It can be argued that nomads can do that anywhere (though building temporary rope walks as they go seems an inconvenience), but the inability to log out while riding or having leashed an animal and maintain possession of it that way and then tame it actively after logging back in again limits the nomadic playstyle.
Aerona

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:19 pm

Barbamaus wrote:I would push the fixes a couple steps further:
1. Remove specific items, ask for generic ones.
2. Add a limit to how many quests you can do in one day.

I REALLY like the first suggestion, getting 20 mushrooms or 100 crops sounds a lot better than gathering a specific one, idk if it could be generally applied to all the credos (ie. gem hunter kinda relies hard on specific items to be somewhat challenging), but overall seems like great change.
The second one, just no, please no, why would you want to timegate stuff? If a person doesn't start credos right away they will be forever behind everyone who did start them day 1, it seems really bad.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas