Change animal spawn mechanic - hunting without DISCORD BOT

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Change animal spawn mechanic - hunting without DISCORD B

Postby TheServant » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:05 am

i think we need new challenge for nightdawg, make random nodes a thing. with daily commitment, sheer will and astonishing bravery i think its doable
TheServant

Postby Lurux » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:26 am

Fish are animals
Lurux

Postby maze » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:23 pm

IMHO Stop trying to make haven like real life~ come up with game mechanics that are game mechanics.

In open world: Randomize Animal Q for each spawn. Reduce the quality of all animals so they're in a range of 30q to 100q

Make a separate world/instance (like a mine layer) that's the hunting world. Provinces are linked with the open world versions but are randomized around this separate world/instance; allowing them to share their Quest buffs and kingdom buffs. Thingwells don't work here. Each day a new hunting map is generated and the old one is deleted. Players can't log into this map, they must travel here by climbing a thingwell in the open world. Players logged out here for 15 minutes are sent back to their Hfire. Animals in the hunting layer have increased quality's. Localized resources spawn only in the hunting layer, but will still spawn in their provinces that they're assined to. you can check the spawning time they have in the open world but can't pick them in open world. If you find a full localized resource in the open world, you can climb the thingwell to get to that province.
Other weird things can be added since it's a separate instances and randomly generated daily.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas