Change the Language regarding Hats Received in the Store?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Change the Language regarding Hats Received in the Store?

Postby Veloceblack » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:17 am

So folks on the store page we have probably all seen this note
(Note: The higher Subscription levels include all the hats from the lower tiers, not only the one shown.)

I've always wanted to test to see if a $35 Gold Subscription would net you the $100 Silver Subscription Hat.

The answer is no, it doesn't give you ALL hats below Gold/silver, it gives you the Hats in that Column, below your Tier of purchase. (Idgaf, just happy to support the game)
Admittedly it DOES seem too good to be true, roughly a $100 hat mine for $35? I thought maybe, given the wording, and the Hats are purely cosmetic it may logically hold water.
I wanted it to hold water. Wanted, and thirsted so badly for Baba Yaga's Hat. I confess my sin of LUSTING for a hat. :lol: (Oh I'll never stop. Love hats.)

So, now that is out of the way, can we perhaps edit the wording for the uninitiated? :)
Veloceblack

Re: Change the Language regarding Hats Received in the Store

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:42 am

IIRC there was an issue at the start of the world, where people didn't get their lower-tier hats as intended. Maybe the fix also had an issue that resulted in the problem OP is having?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Re: Change the Language regarding Hats Received in the Store

Postby jessica3 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:31 am

Veloceblack wrote:So folks on the store page we have probably all seen this note
(Note: The higher Subscription levels include all the hats from the lower tiers, not only the one shown.)

I've always wanted to test to see if a $35 Gold Subscription would net you the $100 Silver Subscription Hat.

The answer is no, it doesn't give you ALL hats below Gold/silver, it gives you the Hats in that Column, below your Tier of purchase. (Idgaf, just happy to support the game)
Admittedly it DOES seem too good to be true, roughly a $100 hat mine for $35? I thought maybe, given the wording, and the Hats are purely cosmetic it may logically hold water.
I wanted it to hold water. Wanted, and thirsted so badly for Baba Yaga's Hat. I confess my sin of LUSTING for a hat. :lol: (Oh I'll never stop. Love hats.)

So, now that is out of the way, can we perhaps edit the wording for the uninitiated? :)

This revised wording clarifies that the higher subscription levels provide access to all the hats from the lower tiers, not just the one shown for each tier. It emphasizes that subscribers at higher tiers receive all the hats below their tier of purchase, ensuring a clearer understanding of what is included in each subscription level.
jessica3

Return to Critique & Ideas