Remove bond studying, transfer claims like hats

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Remove bond studying, transfer claims like hats

Postby Sevenless » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=75268

I really don't see a reason why it should have a cost attached, but if it was needed could make it cost X% of total auth when transferring.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Remove bond studying, transfer claims like hats

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:34 am

Bonds being able to be taken and studied is clearly an intended interaction. It could be idiot proofed, but I think the interaction should stay. Maybe a person should be notified in some way that their claim is being taken.
Last edited by Massa on Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:01 am

I think a ding notification on login for retards that their bond is being studied might be worthwhile
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Sevenless » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:04 am

Massa wrote:Bonds being able to be taken and studied is clearly an intended interaction. It could be idiot proofed, but I think the interaction should stay. Maybe a person should be notified in some way that their claim is being taken.

I'm aware it's intended, but I don't see the reason why enabling "stealing" of bonds should ever happen. I think it's a stupid intention.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:25 am

I mean ye, for an experienced player losing a bond is something that never will happen bcs they will just put it on an alt. The only point of this interaction is to fuck over people who don't use alt for it and don't know about bond recovery.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:31 am

Sevenless wrote:
Massa wrote:Bonds being able to be taken and studied is clearly an intended interaction. It could be idiot proofed, but I think the interaction should stay. Maybe a person should be notified in some way that their claim is being taken.

I'm aware it's intended, but I don't see the reason why enabling "stealing" of bonds should ever happen. I think it's a stupid intention.

Should we delete the rage skill too? Your shit gets jacked in this game.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby maze » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:57 am

I'm in agreeance with this.
The only people who are dumb to let a claim be stolen, are noobs.

if the point of being able to grief people, then remove claim build minimums so that I can box in noobs too.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:58 am

Dawidio123 wrote:I mean ye, for an experienced player losing a bond is something that never will happen bcs they will just put it on an alt. The only point of this interaction is to fuck over people who don't use alt for it and don't know about bond recovery.

Massa wrote:Should we delete the rage skill too? Your shit gets jacked in this game.

Does "rage skill" have the equivalent of "just check if my bond was stolen, if so, renew it" -mechanic to make it completely irrelevant as long as you know to do that?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:48 pm

vatas wrote:
Dawidio123 wrote:I mean ye, for an experienced player losing a bond is something that never will happen bcs they will just put it on an alt. The only point of this interaction is to fuck over people who don't use alt for it and don't know about bond recovery.

Massa wrote:Should we delete the rage skill too? Your shit gets jacked in this game.

Does "rage skill" have the equivalent of "just check if my bond was stolen, if so, renew it" -mechanic to make it completely irrelevant as long as you know to do that?

Yes, your own combat abilities, to resist being attacked. Having your own moves and the ability to make choices is actually a direct 1:1 countermeasure built into the combat system by the devs.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:12 pm

Massa wrote:
vatas wrote:

Yes, your own combat abilities, to resist being attacked. Having your own moves and the ability to make choices is actually a direct 1:1 countermeasure built into the combat system by the devs.

In this case, analogy to "just check if your bond was stolen, renew from totem if it was" would be "there's really well hidden option somewhere in UI to instantly drop PvP combat and TP to your HF."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas