Pv`P` dungeon

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Pv`P` dungeon

Postby dafels » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:14 pm

A dungeon where the opponents are similar to hearthlings. The characters would use PvP armor and weapons and hearthling combat moves (oppknocks/zigzag/etc..).

I suggest that there should be varying levels of the dungeon:
Spruce cap
Leather
Bronze
Steel
dafels

Re: Pv`P` dungeon

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:59 pm

Dungeon with humanoid enemies could easily be justified by something like draugrs or barrow-wights.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby azrid » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:37 pm

Just add corrupted dungeons and hellgates from albion.
It would be way more fun to fight willing players to the death.
azrid

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:15 pm

hello all, I must remind you that the AI in this game is so retarded that:

- cachalots/orcas would rather attack your boat instead of you
- animals would rather bash the corpses of their own herd/pack instead of going around them to attack you
- trolls will instantly cause cave-ins if they even barely touch another hitbox, rather than walk around it
- plus like 10 other things I won't list cause I'm sure jorb is going to """""fix""""" them and make the game 10 times worse

now I ask you, what faith do you have in them making a proper dungeon with what you have described?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Halbertz » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:30 pm

Nightdawg wrote:hello all, I must remind you that the AI in this game is so retarded that:

- cachalots/orcas would rather attack your boat instead of you
- animals would rather bash the corpses of their own herd/pack instead of going around them to attack you
- trolls will instantly cause cave-ins if they even barely touch another hitbox, rather than walk around it
- plus like 10 other things I won't list cause I'm sure jorb is going to """""fix""""" them and make the game 10 times worse

now I ask you, what faith do you have in them making a proper dungeon with what you have described?

I don't know what kind of answer you are waiting for. Everything for new dungeon is already in game and mostly listed by yourself.
So it will look like this:
1) You go inside the dungeon and there is visitor gates on the entrance so you can't leave anymore.
2) New "pvp" like monster attacks you (breaks corracles in your inventory with each hit).
3) If you try to kite it will cause unavoidable cave in.
4) It also spawn more instances of itself like purple bats in dungeon.
5) If you kill one, they will bash their brother corpse (and also cave in you).
6) Being koed in this dungeon causes you to lose your hat (realism).
Halbertz

Postby strpk0 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:22 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:Sex dungeon where you have to fuck your way out.

+1
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Cajoes » Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:49 am

vatas wrote:Dungeon with humanoid enemies could easily be justified by something like draugrs or barrow-wights.

And legacy-hafen used to have something similar in world 2 world 1, so is not unprecedented.

Though they had more in common with modern Nidbanes if I am to be completely honest.

Edit: I tell a lie, it was in world 1 and they were discontinued along with the cow eggs, game was very much in its formative stages back then.
Last edited by Cajoes on Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cajoes

Postby Saxony4 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 pm

dafels wrote:A dungeon where the opponents are similar to hearthlings. The characters would use PvP armor and weapons and hearthling combat moves (oppknocks/zigzag/etc..)

This is just a thinly veiled way for the pvpers and game abusers to loot up quickly

IMO there shouldn't be humanoid NPCs unless there was fleshed out mechanics where they build their own settlements and camps and actually do something other than be a juicy loot piñata
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby Cajoes » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:54 pm

Saxony4 wrote:
dafels wrote:A dungeon where the opponents are similar to hearthlings. The characters would use PvP armor and weapons and hearthling combat moves (oppknocks/zigzag/etc..)

This is just a thinly veiled way for the pvpers and game abusers to loot up quickly

IMO there shouldn't be humanoid NPCs unless there was fleshed out mechanics where they build their own settlements and camps and actually do something other than be a juicy loot piñata

I thought you called those spruce-caps.
Cajoes

Postby terechgracz » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:06 pm

Solution for that would be Dwarf fortress like AI-driven civilizations that have heavy plot armor and siege every player driven settlement.
terechgracz

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas