necklaces

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

necklaces

Postby Uriel » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:01 pm

Give us option to gild them with gemstones :)
Uriel

Re: necklaces

Postby Ø » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:21 pm

+1
Ø

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:29 pm

-1; Stat gain on two multi-gem rings is already huge, need I dig up the gild'd armor arguments? More gems in gear only adds a bigger gap in stats. (not needed)
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby springyb » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:17 am

Crowns too tbh

Actually just crowns.
springyb

Postby Uriel » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:33 pm

At least give us option to craft necklace with gemstones (string+gemstone) That will have stats of gemstone used.
Uriel

Postby vatas » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:36 pm

Uriel wrote:At least give us option to craft necklace with gemstones (string+gemstone) That will have stats of gemstone used.

This sounds fair to me.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:28 pm

Uriel wrote:At least give us option to craft necklace with gemstones (string+gemstone) That will have stats of gemstone used.

A single gem in a neck slot seems way more balanced then a full gild-able item.

Personalty, I'd lock an item like that behind a nugget of precious metal; maybe: rose-gold, Silk thread or even Gold Thread. Regardless of side materials- The quality of the Item, it's stats, should be locked to the Gem Q alone. (no way should we allow q400 reed twine to skyrocket the stat gain of a ruby on string)
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby Ø » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:43 pm

r0ck4ev3r wrote:

A single gem in a neck slot seems way more balanced then a full gild-able item.

Personalty, I'd lock an item like that behind a nugget of precious metal; maybe: rose-gold, Silk thread or even Gold Thread. Regardless of side materials- The quality of the Item, it's stats, should be locked to the Gem Q alone. (no way should we allow q400 reed twine to skyrocket the stat gain of a ruby on string)

ngl I'm glad someone else pointed this out... Capped by gem is the way to go with gem+string only. I don't know the game well enough to argue against fully gildable tho...... which is what I agree with and you disagree with. *shrug* I'm uninformed; teach me and change my mind.
Ø

Postby Sevenless » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:12 pm

Gemstones, albeit harder to get than normal gildings, offer something like 3-4x the possible stats per successful gild.

+1 on a special necklace type that inherits the stats of a single gem
-2 on multi gilding necklaces because even one gem is already enough stat bloat imo.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ø » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:52 pm

Sevenless wrote:Gemstones, albeit harder to get than normal gildings, offer something like 3-4x the possible stats per successful gild.

+1 on a special necklace type that inherits the stats of a single gem
-2 on multi gilding necklaces because even one gem is already enough stat bloat imo.

Is it cuz I'm only gettin q40-50 gem drops that I'm not seeing the issue?
Ø

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas