Spamming cornerposts to prevent/delay siege

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Spamming cornerposts to prevent/delay siege

Postby mamflo » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:37 pm

Honestly, I don't like siege, and it's evident that PvP isn't a good thing both to do and to watch, with dozens of people running around drinking like idiots. Instead of PvP or siege, we could use a good trap system (with long crafting times), poisoning of water sources, traps (fake curiosities?) around villages to inflict injuries and such.
mamflo

Postby azrid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:52 pm

MightySheep wrote:A successful siege means you get access to the inside of village and loot everything, what else could it possible mean? When you say you also want siege to be in the game what form of "siege" were u referring to if not this?

Siege still exists even if your definition of siege victory isn't achieved.

MightySheep wrote:Im talking about siege/raiding. Everybody knows what that entails.

I see people write this line all the time and I don't think these people realize they don't actually represent "everybody".

You made a bunch of people quit whateverbay which counts as a win.
The village is also griefed making it super hard to play in which is another victory for the attackers.
I see people writing on the forums from your side saying whateverbay actually lost.
Looks like you looted a lot of shit in the duration of this siege which is somewhat of a win in your book.
Seems a lot of people actually disagree about what a successful siege is.
Is your problem that you didn't get to loot EVERYTHING in the village? Thats pretty retarded ngl.

Who are these people who all agree that a win in siege is easily definable.
azrid

Postby overtyped » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:37 pm

mamflo wrote:dozens of people running around drinking like idiots.

BUT IT'S HOT OUTSIDE AND WE ARE THIRSTY?
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:17 pm

azrid wrote:
MightySheep wrote:A successful siege means you get access to the inside of village and loot everything, what else could it possible mean? When you say you also want siege to be in the game what form of "siege" were u referring to if not this?

Siege still exists even if your definition of siege victory isn't achieved.

MightySheep wrote:Im talking about siege/raiding. Everybody knows what that entails.

I see people write this line all the time and I don't think these people realize they don't actually represent "everybody".

You made a bunch of people quit whateverbay which counts as a win.
The village is also griefed making it super hard to play in which is another victory for the attackers.
I see people writing on the forums from your side saying whateverbay actually lost.
Looks like you looted a lot of shit in the duration of this siege which is somewhat of a win in your book.
Seems a lot of people actually disagree about what a successful siege is.
Is your problem that you didn't get to loot EVERYTHING in the village? Thats pretty retarded ngl.

Who are these people who all agree that a win in siege is easily definable.

A siege is only successful if it accomplishes its goal. Its goal is the destruction of a village/target, specifically, the claim object that projects its borders.

In the past, villages were disposable in a way - there was extreme risk. By villages, I mean village claims and 50x50 hermitages. Now, mechanics (claim and wall destroyers) have been adjusted to the point that these mechanics (claims), designed to contest spaces and have authority over a portion of the world, are unassailable and indestructible in function.

If you can't destroy a claim, what's the point of claim destruction mechanics?
Last edited by Massa on Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Massa » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:18 pm

mamflo wrote:it's evident that PvP isn't a good thing both to do and to watch, with dozens of people running around drinking like idiots

It is very silly to watch, it's much different to participate. Fighting in many games comes down to movement and positioning, it's those choices that are definitive.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby azrid » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:44 pm

Massa wrote:A siege is only successful if it accomplishes its goal. Its goal is the destruction of a village

That's not good for the game.
Also I disagree that its the only way a siege is successful as many others do too.
You can read up on some of the win conditions of a siege in my previous post.
I'm sure there are way more things where people feel like they won when it comes to sieging whateverbay.

The desire for the destruction of the best community hub should be resisted for the good of Haven and Hearth.

Massa wrote:In the past, villages were disposable

Smart groups still do this.

Massa wrote:If you can't destroy a claim, what's the point of claim destruction mechanics?

You can destroy smaller places.
What happened to Aurora shouldn't happen to another huge village with a real market.
At least it shouldn't be easier then it is now.
azrid

azr(etard)id

Postby DonCheadle » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:27 pm

ah, a “remove pvp” fan
DonCheadle wrote:People have always been obsessed by celebrities. There are just more outlets and opportunities to make a living exploiting that obsession nowadays.
DonCheadle

the weakest nematodes yap the loudest

Postby DonCheadle » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:29 pm

play farmville where there is no test of of skill/political power so you can pretend yours is as big as your ego
DonCheadle wrote:People have always been obsessed by celebrities. There are just more outlets and opportunities to make a living exploiting that obsession nowadays.
DonCheadle

Postby Havenasket » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:54 pm

MightySheep wrote:
azrid wrote:Thats why people like siege being nearly impossible.

Why are you still saying "nearly" when the strongest evidently cant even siege the weakest ... while simultaneously saying you think siege should exist in this game, it doesnt add up

It turns out they are not as weak or strong as you thought ;)
Havenasket

Postby azrid » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:47 am

Don shut up. You are making shit up again, lay off the booze.
azrid

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas