Reduce alts ~ allow multiply village membership

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Reduce alts ~ allow multiply village membership

Postby maze » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:18 pm

Currently because of needing to be part of multiply villages, I have alts in multiply villages that party me and give party perms.

To reduce the need of alting, would be nice it we could be oathed to more then one village on a single character.
The Character should give split gains to authority as well, this would help further to reduce the need of needing alts in other villages to feed authority.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Reduce alts ~ allow multiply village membership

Postby TheServant » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:22 pm

much better if they made it so villages can make alliances with other villages like been suggested
TheServant

Postby maze » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:59 pm

TheServant wrote:much better if they made it so villages can make alliances with other villages like been suggested

Alliances would be different~ I own more then one village and need my main to have perms to fully do anything within those villages. It would be nice to log on and not have to log on to 2 accounts and party the main inorder to do things..

Alliance would be like, giving everyone in a village perms from that village.
game ideas
maze

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:29 am

Almost like we've seen this before.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby maze » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:29 am

r0ck4ev3r wrote:Almost like we've seen this before.

Mmm I see your point, but alliances would definitely be another thing

As I would not want one village interacting with the other village, as I am part of multiply villages but not each other member within those villages.
I am but a villager within multiply villages, not the LS. They've given me the right to access their villages, but they dont extend that reach to each other.
It would be more ideal to see me as a non-village that has access to all these other villages.
game ideas
maze

Postby mulamishne » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:57 am

Party perms seems like a good answer to this, or perhaps just choose your favorite friend and stay in their village. Not a huge fan of further obfuscating already annoying claim mechanics
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby maze » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:06 pm

such a confusing thread.
obfuscating is having to make alts, having to put those alts in a village, then use those alts to invite other character to give you perms in that village during you stay rather then just inviting that character to the village and giving that character perms.

It's really not hard to understand: let a person be oathed to multiply villages.

avoid absurd abuse of alts, and needing alts for everything to do anything; if it needs an alt to allow you to do something on a main, then the simple correction is just finding a way to take the alt out of the picture and giving the right to the main.
game ideas
maze

Postby Sevenless » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:25 am

Most villages just use actual characters from that village, played by actual people who are online, to do this stuff. First I've heard of giving out blanket permission alts to people from other villages. It's kinda bonkers to me that people are willing to.

I'd love to use dummy villages to claim mountains for mammoths though. So I'll +1 this.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby maze » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:37 am

Sevenless wrote:Most villages just use actual characters from that village, played by actual people who are online, to do this stuff. First I've heard of giving out blanket permission alts to people from other villages. It's kinda bonkers to me that people are willing to.

I'd love to use dummy villages to claim mountains for mammoths though. So I'll +1 this.

it's not like we're not already doing this.
I think I am in the few people who belong to more then one village. That being serval CoS towns, some random giant town that I merchant in and defend, and this weird co-op village with snail that I dont think snail yet knows it me.
game ideas
maze

Return to Critique & Ideas