Daily reminder that animal nodes encourage botting

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Daily reminder that animal nodes encourage botting

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:49 pm

instead of preventing it.

Everyone should be able to go around and just kill animals, but right now everyone has scout bots that check the same high quality spots every 15-20 minutes.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Re: Daily reminder that animal nodes encourage botting

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:19 pm

+1
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:21 pm

Replacing the need for a simple bot with the need for a complicated bot is not a positive change for balance or fun.

If the meta is botting highQ bones because you need a billion of them for industry make highQ bones common enough random nabs can farm them and sell them. Maybe put like 5-10 topQL bones IN THE CHESTS in every woof dungeon.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:51 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Replacing the need for a simple bot with the need for a complicated bot is not a positive change for balance or fun.

If the meta is botting highQ bones because you need a billion of them for industry make highQ bones common enough random nabs can farm them and sell them. Maybe put like 5-10 topQL bones IN THE CHESTS in every woof dungeon.

surely random nabs do woof dungeons
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:09 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Replacing the need for a simple bot with the need for a complicated bot is not a positive change for balance or fun.

surely random nabs do woof dungeons

I'm not sure how common knowledge this is, there's little barrier to leashing several aurochsen and setting them loose in a wolf den.

How easy is it to figure out? Dunno, but imho that is at least more intuitive than figuring "my claim bond was stolen, I need to renew it" that was fixed only two weeks ago.

Also granted that you do need a high quality tool and survival to extract hq bones from animal corpses.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:31 pm

vatas wrote:Also granted that you do need a high quality tool and survival to extract hq bones from animal corpses.

The argument snail gave is that the bones would be inside chests so there is no need for survi and hql tool. Although that idea doesn't really appeal to me personally but i do have some disdain for dungeons so I'm kinda biased.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby maze » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 pm

Nightdawg wrote:instead of preventing it.

Everyone should be able to go around and just kill animals, but right now everyone has scout bots that check the same high quality spots every 15-20 minutes.

I think this has been talked about in my group a few times. No matter what there is a bot for checking if there is bears around, looking for orcas, walking around on mountains for any q of mammoth.
So sure the roaming Q might solve one such problem but in realty it does not solve the core problem and just results in more spam of alts all over, more roads, and more hassle for the normal person.

For high Q nodes at least there is a place to contest, and possible will result in pvp.

Maybe we should have provinces that are a giant dungeon on world start, "tightly packed forest" that have hourly reset, to get in you need a key "blessing of the forest" what you can obtain everyday for a quest giver; item would be soul bound so it would turn to dust if someone else tries to pick it up. The dungeon will have multiply entrances that lead to a massive dungeon. At the center of the dungeon a curio "the forest heart", and other curios scattered around the forest. animals inside the dungeon in ever room have higher Quality then normal.
That way bots are less needed, we always know where high Q animals are. 2-3 provinces on every island could be this massive forest dungeon.
Other rare interesting things could be found in this dungeon and it would be a possible hotspot for some pvp.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ø » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 pm

What if the server checked the players base survival within a province and averaged it to then be used for the animal spawns quality level? Yes, this would cause alt spamming. People would either be forced to up their survival on all alts or for a contested area people would spam low survival alts to grief. This could be partially mitigated by checking for exp gained per week with a minimum required to be counted towards the average. It would potentially encourage neighboring provinces to contest each others zones or neighboring villages and hermits to keep their survival high to ensure animal quality continues to creep up.
Ø

Postby gunterman5 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:48 pm

I like Maze's idea but it's too much of a change and too much Content that would realistically be released.
gunterman5

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:38 am

maze wrote:No matter what there is a bot for checking if there is bears around, looking for orcas, walking around on mountains for any q of mammoth.

At least if there's no quality nodes, I can just go around myself, instead of using one single alt to check the same spot 24/7 every 20 minutes.

lol
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas