Daily reminder that animal nodes encourage botting

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Daily reminder that animal nodes encourage botting

Postby Okocim » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:11 am

Ø wrote:...

That seems to me like worst idea anyone could come up with :D
People divide into different professions, so you are saying, I cannot have any miners or farmers in my village if I want hql animals?
I should avoid recruiting new players and should kill on sight and siege every hermit in the area?

I already forgot what kind of goal your idea was meant to achieve.

maze wrote:...

If we assume everything is bottable, what is the point of playing at all?
Based on my experience level of automation you are talking about is an edge case.
Currently looking for animals with bots is basically the only viable way to farm hql bones.
Right now to manually hunt for hql animals, you go to a hql spot, roam for a minute, realise there is nothing spawned, logout, wait 30mins, look again and repeat.
"actively hunting" 1 min out of every 30 is a very fun gameplay indeed.
I'd rather have animal quality be completely random, forcing ppl to kill everything, it would at least be more fun gameplay for people that do not use bots.
Added benefit would be that casual players would get a chance of actually getting high quality animals too.
Okocim

Re: Daily reminder that animal nodes encourage botting

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:02 pm

Issue with outright removing quality nodes, aside from realm's static buffs- is that the gameplay loop is to grind quest trees to boost your local X. Over time your craft your own best node. (Ones that spawn on top q nodes had a HUGE advantage, much like whoever finds that first top q Well)
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas