Steel making timeout and reset is unacceptable!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Steel making timeout and reset is unacceptable!

Postby vatas » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:56 am

Update: my village smith needs 1 more steel bar to finish current Credo quest, my steel reset after almost 2 days into the process because I forgot to babysit it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Stoneface » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:49 am

I have lost a set of 56 steelboxes with pretty decent wrought in them, I feel for you, but nothin else to do but get refining it again. No time like the present!
Stoneface

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:52 am

One time the server we were running the still bot on crashed and nobody noticed. Now that this shit affects me I think it's time to fix it.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby fallout » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:54 am

At the very least. Make it lose half the progress or something. Or 10% per hour ~etc similar to taming
fallout

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:04 am

Second bar like in fireplace, lasts 12 hours during which "no progress, but no reset either?"
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby noindyfikator » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:06 am

Steel timer reset once this world for me. I refilled steel crucibles at 6 am, then went to work. The day at work was really tough so after work I fall asleep and missed 12h refill timer. Steel was at +- 75%. Not the best experience
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:19 pm

noindyfikator wrote:Steel timer reset once this world for me. I refilled steel crucibles at 6 am, then went to work. The day at work was really tough so after work I fall asleep and missed 12h refill timer. Steel was at +- 75%. Not the best experience

Skill issue t:jorbo

vatas

Postby Schro » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:10 am

Had them go out just now, we stupidly trusted Wiki https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Steel_Crucible.
Yes, stupid mistake trusting wiki, but it quoted the gods in stacks of stacks update.
viewtopic.php?p=917728#p917728
"Fixed the old fuel bug and removed the work-around for it. Ovens/smelters/&c. no longer reset their progress when burning out, rather each item therein tracks the average fuel quality it has seen while burning, and uses that upon completion."

&c apparently excludes the Steelbox THANKS MATE ¦]

Also, I fully agree, steel really needs a rework, currently it is one of the things that are supposed to be hard, but its only hard for people who don't use bots. And due to the latter, they indeed lose value at an insane pace, you can now buy it for cheaper than low Q cave clay.

Yes, it should be hard to make, so add flux stone, add stirring/remove slag minigames, let us select pictures showing a fire hydrant, I don't care.
But would be great if the game finally stops exclusively punishing people playing as intended.
Behold the power of ADHD and autism combined.(fml)
Schro

Postby vatas » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:26 pm

vatas

Postby trinh » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:34 pm

just let us load shitton of coal and let it burn for those absurd 56h...
trinh

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas