Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy walls

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy wa

Postby VillagerAs » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:47 am

Totally agree, new siege mechanic is definitely not well designed.

There should be a change. Ofc fully invulnerable base shouldn't be a case but there should be a way to defend village other that hand bashing a catapult. What's the point of other siege engines right now?

Archery tower - useless
Battering ram - useless

I've heard your group raided a few places on west island but didn't know it was so easy lol
VillagerAs

Postby mulamishne » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:27 pm

Seems fine, catas are made for single wall villages, and rams are for multi layer walls.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby TheServant » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:10 pm

mulamishne wrote:Seems fine, catas are made for single wall villages, and rams are for multi layer walls.

You think thats what jorb intended? :lol: :) :lol: ¦] :oops:
TheServant

Postby fallout » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:11 pm

Lots of players have quit. That's for sure. Going to be another dull reset begging wait. Already.

No I didn't get raided. Just using these eyes I got.
fallout

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:40 pm

fallout wrote:Lots of players have quit. That's for sure. Going to be another dull reset begging wait. Already.

No I didn't get raided. Just using these eyes I got.

Seems that's exactly what players like this want.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby MightySheep » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:42 pm

Wait wat, ur reaction to all the PvPers in the game being unable to raid a collection of hermit noobs is that siege is too easy?

Pls make that make sense to me
MightySheep

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:43 pm

noindyfikator wrote:Bring back siege chess, this is so unfun for lil boys.

We have raided +- 13 small to medium villages so far, abusing it is pretty easy. This is not healthy for the game.

I don't believe you. Post pics.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby maze » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:44 pm

ZamAlex wrote:Problem is that ppl don't go outside, not that magic tower that cost cloth and shoot stone arrows by itself doesn't work agains catapult that has much higher cost and dry time of 24 hours.

Catapult costing high vs raiding a village full of loot. Sir are you reading what youre typing?
The raiders 100% need to put fking effort into raiding someone, getting raiding or dieing on a high stated character normally means quitting the game for 90% of the player base.
4 brim salts and 4 hard leather are hardly any cost at all to getting a whole village of loot.... :lol: :roll:

And I don't even wanna hear how sorry we should be for how much time you have to spend + the possibly of getting noob loot from a raid. Fk it sounds like the dumbest shit when you guys spout how your time of 24 hours on a raid is worth more then a village that's been in the making for 1+ months.

The augments for raiding people is defenders need an overwhelming advantage or else pvp players will go from one village to the next getting free raids and loots.

A number of villages have already been raided this world by a simple fking catapults and a rage alt left beside it to chase off the hermit/noob.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:18 am

Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy walls
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:35 am

noindyfikator wrote:Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy walls

That sounds reasonable to me (not that I have little practical PvP experience.)

If "damage wall with catapult" is considered a core design pillar that can't be changed, here are couple of more minor adjustments that could maybe help?

A) Significantly reduce the damage wall sections take from catapults. Wall section that absorbs catapult hit gains status effect that further reduces damage but also prevents repairing.

B) Catapults built on a claim with Vandalism permissions can fire immediately or have greatly reduced cooldown (potentially massive issue with troll claims sneaked next to the target claim.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas