Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy walls

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy wa

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:23 am

Bump
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:29 am

Maybe if siege is too easy you should prove it by sieging somebody shitter
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:17 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Maybe if siege is too easy you should prove it by sieging somebody shitter

I totally get where you're coming from, and I hear your skepticism. I didn't mean to come across as boastful. My intention was more to express a concern about the game's current balance. I'm up for proving my point in a positive way, and I'd love to engage in a friendly competition or collaborate on finding ways to make the game more challenging for everyone.

Let's keep the discussion constructive and maybe even share some strategies that could benefit the whole community.
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:18 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Maybe if siege is too easy you should prove it by sieging somebody shitter

I totally get where you're coming from, and I hear your skepticism. I didn't mean to come across as boastful. My intention was more to express a concern about the game's current balance. I'm up for proving my point in a positive way, and I'd love to engage in a friendly competition or collaborate on finding ways to make the game more challenging for everyone.

Let's keep the discussion constructive and maybe even share some strategies that could benefit the whole community.

I believe catapults are currently in a balanced state, contrary to the assertions made by the author of the post. Firstly, catapults serve as valuable siege weapons in historical contexts, providing a strategic advantage in battles. Their design and functionality have evolved over time, ensuring a delicate equilibrium between offensive power and defensive capabilities.

The author may argue that catapults are overpowered, but their effectiveness is mitigated by various factors. One crucial aspect is their limited range compared to more modern artillery, which allows opposing forces to employ counter-strategies, such as positioning troops and fortifications strategically to minimize damage. Additionally, catapults often have a slower rate of fire, providing adversaries with windows of opportunity to retaliate or reposition.

Moreover, advancements in defensive technologies, such as improved castle fortifications and armor, have forced catapults to adapt rather than dominate. This symbiotic relationship between offense and defense contributes to the overall balance on the battlefield, preventing any single weapon from becoming too dominant.

It's essential to recognize that historical accuracy and strategic diversity play significant roles in maintaining balance. Catapults offer a unique dynamic to warfare, encouraging commanders to employ a combination of different weapons and tactics for a well-rounded approach. Dismissing catapults as imbalanced oversimplifies the intricate dance of military strategy and neglects the importance of historical authenticity in recreating past conflicts.

In conclusion, the perceived imbalance in catapults might be a result of overlooking the broader context of historical warfare and strategic evolution. Their role in battles is intricately tied to the ebb and flow of military advancements, contributing to a balanced and dynamic landscape.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby roskuwacz » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:42 pm

DonVelD wrote:AI generated bullshit

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. - Winston Churchill
roskuwacz

Postby DonVelD » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:46 pm

roskuwacz wrote:hypocrisy

i think you missed something :oops:
Last edited by DonVelD on Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby mulamishne » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:44 pm

Hey everyone,

As we navigate the exciting world of ChatGPT, it's crucial to discuss responsible usage. Privacy should be a top priority—avoid sharing sensitive information. Let's steer clear of generating content that could be harmful or misleading, promoting positivity in our interactions. Remember, ChatGPT isn't flawless; exercise critical thinking and verify information. Acknowledge its limitations and use it as a supplementary tool rather than a sole source. Share your insights on ethical AI use, fostering a community that values responsible engagement. Let's ensure that our interactions contribute positively to the online space.

(the peak haven endgame, botting the forums)
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Daily reminder that his post is a fabrication made by someone who has never raided anyone and is trying to make siege harder because he wants this game to be non-pvp.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Bump
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:11 am

Another day when we can abuse catapults to destroy walls. Player population is definitely not going up because of that
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas