Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy walls

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy walls

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:49 am

Bring back siege chess, this is so unfun for lil boys.

We have raided +- 13 small to medium villages so far, abusing it is pretty easy. This is not healthy for the game.
No one from villagers which we raided came back to the game. World will die faster. No gold subs for you.

For Farmville players it's not possible to destroy catapult. We put 1-2 fighters to defend catapult, they change every 12hours, no spruce is able to defend it.

With the Knarr + Catapult bug which snail has found, every village/pclaim close to water will be raided soon or later. This is much fun for us (a few players) but it's not worth losing game population because of that

Please consider
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Re: Daily reminder catapults shouldn't be able to destroy wa

Postby tegoplplpl » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:58 am

noindyfikator wrote:Bring back siege chess, this is so unfun for lil boys.

We have raided +- 13 small to medium villages so far, abusing it is pretty easy. This is not healthy for the game.
No one from villagers which we raided came back to the game. World will die faster. No gold subs for you.

For Farmville players it's not possible to destroy catapult. We put 1-2 fighters to defend catapult, they change every 12hours, no spruce is able to defend it.

With the Knarr + Catapult bug which snail has found, every village/pclaim close to water will be raided soon or later. This is much fun for us (a few players) but it's not worth losing game population because of that

Please consider

Talking random shit on the forum when not playing the game, typical Nonek.
tegoplplpl

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:04 am

Sadbear, please stick to the topic and don't bloat it with non topic related posts. If you want to shitpost, please make separated thread in Inn and send me link. Thank you in advance!

Please share your thoughts about catapults being able to destroy walls, counter siege mechanic etc. I want to have nice discussion there with valid arguments.
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby ZamAlex » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:10 am

Idk you can just build more walls inside or park knarr at your palisade. If you want to deffend your doghouse - go outside at whatever time you want during that 24 hours and fight. It's just stupid that ppl have golden toilets everywhere inside, but they cannot deffend them, coz need to go outside own walls.

But tbh i recommend to start using brickwall - quadruple amount of HP means quadruple amount of catapults to go throw the layer - not everyone can aford it.
ZamAlex

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:13 am

ZamAlex wrote:Idk you can just build more walls inside or park knarr at your palisade. If you want to deffend your doghouse - go outside at whatever time you want during that 24 hours and fight. It's just stupid that ppl have golden toilets everywhere inside, but they cannot deffend them, coz need to go outside own walls.

But tbh i recommend to start using brickwall - quadruple amount of HP means quadruple amount catapults to go throw the layer - not everyone can aford it.

More walls can't really help you when you can't fight. Sprucecaps villages don't go outside the wall no matter what. We were able to put geared alts for most cases that did the job.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this part of the game. Plundering is nice, but this shouldn't be an easy case in game where 90% of players don't know how to kill a Mammoth.
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

Postby pheonix » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:18 am

I dont mind that they are the counter to archery towers but i think they should be weak damage and thus weak to walls, but add in another siege item. The trebuchet a very destructive siege item that can destroy walls but it cant be aimed precisely so we can see shit like in lotr where people just fling boulders at each other trying to kill or destroy each others infrastructure.
pheonix

Postby maze » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:21 am

Kinda crappy they are using the ships to basically defend their catapults.
The 0 effort of defending the catapult because arrow towers are max 15 and catapults start at 16 and go up to 26; means Towers are not even a counter and are 100% useless to defending now.
If noobs are un able to win a melee fight with the aggressor, they 100% lose.

Thats pretty fucked.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby noindyfikator » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:23 am

pheonix wrote:I dont mind that they are the counter to archery towers but i think they should be weak damage and thus weak to walls, but add in another siege item. The trebuchet a very destructive siege item that can destroy walls but it cant be aimed precisely so we can see shit like in lotr where people just fling boulders at each other trying to kill or destroy each others infrastructure.

The important part is, catapults are not counterable at all. I remember one siege we did to medium sized village. They wanted to counter our catapults with theirs but they didn't know that THEIR catapults NEED TO DRY 24h as well. So, if we built catapults firstly, defender is fucked no matter what. You know what results was.

It's only possible to destroy catapult via bashing. Yes, bashing time window is short - 5 minutes but believe me, from many raids we did maybe 3-4 villages came out with alts trying to destroy them

maze wrote:Kinda crappy they are using the ships to basically defend their catapults.
The 0 effort of defending the catapult because arrow towers are max 15 and catapults start at 16 and go up to 26; means Towers are not even a counter and are 100% useless to defending now.
If noobs are un able to win a melee fight with the aggressor, they 100% lose.

Thats pretty fucked.

Indeed
W11 - The Friend Zone
W13 - Monke
noindyfikator

Postby donbot » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:28 am

ah yes noneck the epic raider that has sieged a gorillion of villages in 12 hours ¦]
What amazes me more than how light the punishment was, is how nothing was done about it ingame. I'm actually starting to think people are frightened that you'll do it again, so to protect the server, they work with you instead of going against you, all in the hopes that you will leave the server alone.
donbot
Under curfew

Postby ZamAlex » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:40 am

noindyfikator wrote:It's only possible to destroy catapult via bashing. Yes, bashing time window is short - 5 minutes but believe me, from many raids we did maybe 3-4 villages came out with alts trying to destroy them

Problem is that ppl don't go outside, not that magic tower that cost cloth and shoot stone arrows by itself doesn't work agains catapult that has much higher cost and dry time of 24 hours.

I think the only solution, if the firing range of archery towers will be increased, would be to make the ram invulnerable to archery towers completely and increase its drying time with a window of vulnerability at the end. It will turn out that for some time you will be able to defend your base with the help of archery towers, but you still need to go outside, otherwise the ram will sooner or later approach your walls.

No one should have an invulnerable base, no one.
ZamAlex

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas