Sword of Stroms did nothing wrong

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Sword of Stroms did nothing wrong

Postby overtyped » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:23 am

yym331 wrote:As a PK player with experience in small-scale, sensibly conducted PvP matches, I have to reiterate that the nerf to "Go for the Jugular" is excessively severe. "Cornered" and "Reeling" are now practically useless, especially with the Zig-Zag Ruse. Changing +10% Reeling to +10% Dizzy might be a step, but I believe some more fine-tuning is necessary.

However, as mentioned in the live update from the developers, fully incorporating the opinions of PvP players could lead to dominating balance adjustments (For PVP players). Thus, I understand the difficulty in making decisions solely based on the perspectives of the player community.

Jugular full circle is actually pretty fine, it's nothing like kito spam, but it's ok.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby yym331 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:39 am

overtyped wrote:
yym331 wrote:As a PK player with experience in small-scale, sensibly conducted PvP matches, I have to reiterate that the nerf to "Go for the Jugular" is excessively severe. "Cornered" and "Reeling" are now practically useless, especially with the Zig-Zag Ruse. Changing +10% Reeling to +10% Dizzy might be a step, but I believe some more fine-tuning is necessary.

However, as mentioned in the live update from the developers, fully incorporating the opinions of PvP players could lead to dominating balance adjustments (For PVP players). Thus, I understand the difficulty in making decisions solely based on the perspectives of the player community.

Jugular full circle is actually pretty fine, it's nothing like kito spam, but it's ok.

I get it, bro. When you're in a brawl using "Go for the Jugular" and "Full Circle," if the Openings are less than 50, Punch and "Go for the Jugular" actually deliver higher DPS. As you know, when focusing on Unarmed, it's crucial to effectively manage Penetration 30. In this scenario, "Full Circle" becomes a hindrance. By the time the weapon damage from "Full Circle" surpasses the opponent's armor, it's pretty much game over with the Zig-Zag Ruse (unless the opponent doesn't panic).

If it were genuinely effective, I'd expect to see Unarmed-focused decks even in the Bronze Age and beyond, but no one, including you, seems to be using it.
Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ
yym331

Postby overtyped » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:46 am

yym331 wrote:
overtyped wrote:

I get it, bro. When you're in a brawl using "Go for the Jugular" and "Full Circle," if the Openings are less than 50, Punch and "Go for the Jugular" actually deliver higher DPS. As you know, when focusing on Unarmed, it's crucial to effectively manage Penetration 30. In this scenario, "Full Circle" becomes a hindrance. By the time the weapon damage from "Full Circle" surpasses the opponent's armor, it's pretty much game over with the Zig-Zag Ruse (unless the opponent doesn't panic).

If it were genuinely effective, I'd expect to see Unarmed-focused decks even in the Bronze Age and beyond, but no one, including you, seems to be using it.

Well, like it's been mentioned, jugular+anything is just worse kito, why spam 2 moves when u can just spam 1 with better effect? It's a legitimate strategy, and kito even generates more coins than it costs, since they have to zig-zag to remove the opening.

Once the openings get to about 60, u can just cleave for big dmg too.
overtyped

Postby yym331 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:56 am

overtyped wrote:Well, like it's been mentioned, jugular+anything is just worse kito, why spam 2 moves when u can just spam 1 with better effect? It's a legitimate strategy, and kito even generates more coins than it costs, since they have to zig-zag to remove the opening.

Ah, so what I meant to say is, as you rightly pointed out, it's the worst, so there's a need for a re-adjustment of Openings :geek:
yym331

Postby overtyped » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:01 am

yym331 wrote:
overtyped wrote:Well, like it's been mentioned, jugular+anything is just worse kito, why spam 2 moves when u can just spam 1 with better effect? It's a legitimate strategy, and kito even generates more coins than it costs, since they have to zig-zag to remove the opening.

Ah, so what I meant to say is, as you rightly pointed out, it's the worst, so there's a need for a re-adjustment of Openings :geek:

Nope, jugular isn't bad, kito is just too strong. That's all. :P
In fact, until i learned about the kito spam meta, i would run it.
overtyped

Postby yym331 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:07 am

overtyped wrote:
yym331 wrote:

Nope, jugular isn't bad, kito is just too strong. That's all. :P

Buffing relatively by nerfing other aspects might be prone to backlash, but it's indeed one possible solution
yym331

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:19 pm

Except kito is not aoe, doesn't do damage/have range based on weapon, and is usually used with combination with blue openings AND opk to actually deal damage with cleave.
Idk how retarded/disingenuous you have to be to seriously compare it to brainless SoS spam. I will agree that if we compare perfect play with red/blue and SoS, the red/blue deck will probably get more KOs, but the perfect play doesn't exist when it's an actual fight. Furthermore what people are complaining about is that SoS can outperform red/blue just due to how easy it is (unless we assume perfect play, that i'll repeat doesn't exist outside spars), since it requires no coordination at all, just hit the closest target with it at the same time.

Honestly if you think kito is so strong why don't you all just run it instead of SoS? Just spam kito and see how that works out for you. It's great in 1v1 fights but hnh fights are rarely if ever a true 1v1.

I understand you are afraid that if SoS was nerfed you'd actually need to practice but i can assure you it'd be much more fun that whatever you had at meteorite. I'm kinda thinking you don't really care about it being fun tho, you just want to be able to fight through having bigger numbers, without needing to coordinate or practice.
Players want high skill celling not to shit on noobs, but to actually be able to get better at the game they are playing.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby overtyped » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:25 am

Dawidio123 wrote:Except kito is not aoe, doesn't do damage/have range based on weapon, and is usually used with combination with blue openings AND opk to actually deal damage with cleave.
Idk how retarded/disingenuous you have to be to seriously compare it to brainless SoS spam. I will agree that if we compare perfect play with red/blue and SoS, the red/blue deck will probably get more KOs, but the perfect play doesn't exist when it's an actual fight. Furthermore what people are complaining about is that SoS can outperform red/blue just due to how easy it is (unless we assume perfect play, that i'll repeat doesn't exist outside spars), since it requires no coordination at all, just hit the closest target with it at the same time.

Honestly if you think kito is so strong why don't you all just run it instead of SoS? Just spam kito and see how that works out for you. It's great in 1v1 fights but hnh fights are rarely if ever a true 1v1.

I understand you are afraid that if SoS was nerfed you'd actually need to practice but i can assure you it'd be much more fun that whatever you had at meteorite. I'm kinda thinking you don't really care about it being fun tho, you just want to be able to fight through having bigger numbers, without needing to coordinate or practice.
Players want high skill celling not to shit on noobs, but to actually be able to get better at the game they are playing.

"High skill required" is why there is so few pvpers to begin with. If every build was easier then there wouldn't be a high barrier to entry.

Ever heard of easy to learn, hard to master? I think SoS being easy to learn, but not the best at a higher tier of play is perfect. Especially since it only exists in group fights and is shitty in low numbers and 1v1s.

Even if it became the meta in large group fights, then at least it would have it's niche, instead of just being good at literally fucking everything like kito cleave.
overtyped

Postby DonVelD » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:38 am

overtyped wrote:Ever heard of easy to learn, easy to master? I think SoS being easy to learn and brainless is perfect. Especially since it excels in group fights and is still good in low numbers and 1v1s.
It became the meta in large group fights and is just good at literally fucking everything.

ftfy, you almost dropped the act but i'm here to help you out in the time of need
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby overtyped » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:47 am

DonVelD wrote:
overtyped wrote:Ever heard of easy to learn, easy to master? I think SoS being easy to learn and brainless is perfect. Especially since it excels in group fights and is still good in low numbers and 1v1s.
It became the meta in large group fights and is just good at literally fucking everything.

ftfy, you almost dropped the act but i'm here to help you out in the time of need

It's also ass at chasing, and only works defensively when 'genius pvpers' run right into your defensive lines like lemmings. Ever gonna point that out?

Let the meta shift for large scale groups fights, down with kito cleave, down with kito cleave. Everyone chant it with me, down with kito cleave. #nomore
overtyped

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas