Sword of Stroms did nothing wrong

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Sword of Stroms did nothing wrong

Postby overtyped » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:35 am

Dawidio123 wrote:
overtyped wrote:Whoa, so you are using a whole range of different builds like ravens bite for different scenarios instead of just kito/cleave for everything? Seems like a big problem, the devs should know immediately.

Raven's bite were people who couldn't just swap to SoS and needed to be able to hit yellow, we would do better if everyone just went SoS tbh. But i guess our discussion ends here since your arguments are clearly in bad faith and i don't see a point in continuing.
Edit:
And also your crying about KITO is something idc about, i didn't run KITO this whole world because i'm a cutblade boy, you can make very nice decks by focusing on blue with it. Your imaginary world where the only deck people run in red/blue is kito opk cleave is just not real.

Yeah, pretend to take the high road, when you are simply anti noob.

The best build should never be b12 because B12's aren't easily accessible to most players, and if they do get one, it's not gonna be good quality. The kitocleave is the best thing to use for ko's, and that's where it should stay, forever. Nerf Kito, keep storm the same. Down with the toxic b12 meta. B12's SHOULD be a niche thing, not a jack of all trades.

Storm has already carved out it's niche in large group fights, and doesn't succeed anywhere else, yet you still want to take it away because you can't use your prohibitivly expensive b12s with it. That's what it comes down to, that's what this whole argument is about for you.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby DonVelD » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:43 am

wash your hair, its greasy

brush your teeth while you're at it
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby overtyped » Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:53 am

DonVelD wrote:wash your hair, its greasy

brush your teeth while you're at it

We, at WB don't use b12's not because we think storm is the best, but because we can't afford it, and you know that. Faction people have been feeding Loftar bad information, and have been guiding the meta to favor them. We know it by the mere fact that b12's are the meta for faction players. Why would the most expensive weapon, a weapon noobs can't afford be the meta build?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe because faction players know that noobs can't afford it, and enjoy having an immense advantage with their steel bots. No, couldn't be!
overtyped

Postby DonVelD » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:04 am

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:40 am

MightySheep wrote:Haven pvp was very low skill ceiling to begin with now but its now so low that you could literally have a non haven playing friend log into your account for a group fight and have them be the exact same level of skill as a 10 year veteran and I'm not even saying that to exaggerate or be dramatic, it is literally that bad. What possible skill expression can a 10 year veteran provide that a fresh player can't? Both are just running in and pressing 1 button. Even the small degree of skill involved in running has just been removed.

Haven PvP so basic that I can summarize the difference between SoS meta and previous metas in 1 sentence:
Storm of sword meta = 'aggro closest target and spam 1 button'
Jugular meta = 'call a target in voice and spam 1 button'
Blue/red Cleave meta = 'Call a target in voice, open with 4-5 diff moves in coordination with cleave player for finishing move'

Coordination no longer required. Target calling no longer required. This combat system is now dumbed down to a degree that cant be compared with any other game. I've played online flash games with more depth.

New players see haven combat system and wonder why they have a secret second life bar, and four weird boxes of increasing numbers that have nothing to do with doing damage to the bad guy. never mind drinking and running which is retarded inofitself. God forbid they're on default client and are bombarded with incomprehensible sketches of a Swedish madman. wtf u on about
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby MightySheep » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:49 pm

and then you give them a 30 second explanation of how it works and they are the same skill level as 10 year veteran player

you tell me what is the depth of this pvp? where is the skill expression?
MightySheep

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:57 pm

MightySheep wrote:and then you give them a 30 second explanation of how it works and they are the same skill level as 10 year veteran player

Skill expression and depth is anti-noob, why are you anti-noob sheep?
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby overtyped » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:47 am

MightySheep wrote:and then you give them a 30 second explanation of how it works and they are the same skill level as 10 year veteran player

Skill expression? Most players don't even know how pvp works because it looks like magic to them, maybe skill expression shouldn't be a priority right now.

Also, there is skill expression by setting up a cleave combo that a newb can't hope to execute.

The complaint is pathetic, saying taht veterans should have a huge advantage over noobs that don't have steel bots. Forget that your kito deck is still better in 1v1's or low numbers, and best for executing people, but you also want it to be the best in group fights because you know noobs can't afford good steel.

We are both veterans who have the muscle memory down, but pvp combat is not simple at all. Noobs will misclick, they won't drink properly even with a relatively easier deck. Saying a noob is somehow on par with you because they run storm is a laughable excuse. As I said, I don't particularly care which deck becomes the meta for large group fights, I just don't want it to be the b12. Pvp SHOULD be more accessable.
overtyped

Postby overtyped » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:09 am

havenbigagreer wrote:
overtyped wrote:

Skill expression? Most players don't even know how pvp works because it looks like magic to them, maybe skill expression shouldn't be a priority right now.

Also, there is skill expression by setting up a cleave combo that a newb can't hope to execute.

The complaint is pathetic, saying taht veterans should have a huge advantage over noobs that don't have steel bots. Forget that your kito deck is still better in 1v1's or low numbers, and best for executing people, but you also want it to be the best in group fights because you know noobs can't afford good steel.

We are both veterans who have the muscle memory down, but pvp combat is not simple at all. Noobs will misclick, they won't drink properly even with a relatively easier deck. Saying a noob is somehow on par with you because they run storm is a laughable excuse. As I said, I don't particularly care which deck becomes the meta for large group fights, I just don't want it to be the b12. Pvp SHOULD be more accessable.

Oh, brace yourselves for the epic saga of PvP enlightenment! Behold the mystical realm where veterans, with their well-practiced muscle memory, navigate the complex dance of button clicks, leaving mere noobs in awe of their otherworldly skills. It's like trying to explain the secrets of the universe to someone who still thinks a mouse is just a furry creature.

Skill expression, you say? Pfft! Why bother when the majority of players are still trying to figure out if "WASD" means a secret code or a new age mantra? Clearly, the PvP gods have no time for the petty concerns of mortals who can't even grasp the basics of their divine art.

But fear not, for there is a glimmer of hope in the form of setting up a cleave combo that no self-respecting noob could ever hope to execute. It's the kind of move that makes you question if you accidentally stumbled into a magic show instead of a gaming arena. Abracadabra, and suddenly, the noobs are left scratching their heads, wondering if they accidentally clicked on the wrong game icon.

And the audacity of those complaining about veterans having an advantage! How dare they suggest that years of experience and finely tuned muscle memory should give someone an upper hand? Forget that your kito deck reigns supreme in 1v1s and low-number skirmishes; noobs should have a fighting chance, dammit!

Let's not forget the noble cause of making PvP more accessible. Because who cares about intricate strategies and the art of combat when we can simplify it to the point where even your grandma could participate? "PvP for Dummies" should be the new battle cry, ensuring that everyone, regardless of their gaming prowess, can join the ranks of the button-clicking elite.

In the end, it's not about which deck becomes the meta for large group fights; it's about the grand vision of a PvP utopia where everyone, from the seasoned veteran to the bumbling noob, can hold hands (or mouse clicks) and revel in the glory of accessible combat. #PvPEqualityNow

a1.png
a1.png (42.61 KiB) Viewed 74 times

You are so lazy. Where is your pride, how are you going to get satisfaction from acting retarded when you aren't even the one posting your own retardation?
Last edited by overtyped on Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
overtyped

Postby overtyped » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:15 am

havenbigagreer wrote:
overtyped wrote:You are so lazy.

"You're so lazy, your mom has to tie a pork chop around your neck to get the dog to play with you."

"Your laziness is so legendary, even your mom has to schedule nap time for you during your Netflix marathons."

"You're so lazy, your mom told you to put the trash out, and you're still standing there waiting for a mobile garbage disposal to appear."

"Your level of laziness is so extreme, even your mom thinks you're on a permanent vacation in Couch Potato Land."

"You're so lazy, your mom had to hire a personal trainer for your remote control thumb."

Have an original thought my dude. Are you unable to talk without a bot fixing it?
a1.png
a1.png (26.38 KiB) Viewed 199 times
overtyped

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas