no bunny slippers good

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: no bunny slippers good

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:54 am

I'm fine with the bunny slippers being changes to open up more variance in the shoe slot but the forager boost was fine imo
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Dawidio123 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:22 pm

I think everyone agrees that mandatory bunny slippers were dumb and that's what i see most arguments being about. What those people ignore is that the speedboost from chasing critters could be on a skill instead of slippers/credo, and allow skill expression without having 2 mandatory things you NEEDED to actually fight.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby WowGain » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:52 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:I think everyone agrees that mandatory bunny slippers were dumb and that's what i see most arguments being about. What those people ignore is that the speedboost from chasing critters could be on a skill instead of slippers/credo, and allow skill expression without having 2 mandatory things you NEEDED to actually fight.

insanely simple fix that removes only problems with the mechanic
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Kamekono » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:31 pm

mulamishne wrote:What makes critter chasing more cancer than actual 30+ minute chases?

It made no sense to be a thing in the first place.

MightySheep wrote:What % of the game is even still on default? Less than 10%? Why is client even a relevant part of this discussion?

The client is always relevant. The game is supposed to be playable with the default client. Custom should give QoL or UI/UX changes, not be required to survive.

MightySheep wrote:If anything, everybody running in slippers make pvp slightly more accessible considering making the game more noob friendly

It does not.
Noobs reason with logic, not knowing the game mechanics. No newbie would pick bunny slippers over any armored boots if they are considering what would save their ass in pvp, because it was counterintuitive. Hell, on the Bunny Slipper tooltip doesn't even tell you about the speed boost, so a newbie had no way to know it was even a thing.

MightySheep wrote:This change just made killing hermits even easier. Another win for gankers I guess.

More lies... every time there's any change, or even suggested change, to something linked to pvp you always say this bs.
Now hermits have an actual chance to run away, consuming the speed boosts in front of them.
Kamekono

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas