Let's talk about removal of mov speed bonus from critters

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Let's talk about removal of mov speed bonus from critter

Postby Austinh15 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:17 pm

maze wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:
maze wrote:the chasing of critters with the instant bunny shoe swap to steelshoes when not casing; there could have been a fix like weapon swaping.
Doing this would've just resulted in everyone wearing bunny slippers 24/7 if they were outside their walls, wouldn't have changed much other than remove the benefit of auto-swap client code.

the swapping thing was 1/10 of the problem vs the auto chasing features~ you should release your private client ;D

WowGain wrote:
maze wrote:But the ability to click on critters was auto'd, that was not player skill that just botted combat.

this is the lost cause myth of hafen pvp. it simply did not occur and would actively inhibit one's ability to properly maneuver in a fighter if it was to ever be used. get a grip on reality.

:roll: I've already sent loftar and Jorb the videos + explation of how the custom clients worked, automatized it. There is no use in pretending it didn't exist.

Proof? Send the video here.
Austinh15

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:21 pm

maze wrote:
WowGain wrote:
maze wrote:But the ability to click on critters was auto'd, that was not player skill that just botted combat.

this is the lost cause myth of hafen pvp. it simply did not occur and would actively inhibit one's ability to properly maneuver in a fighter if it was to ever be used. get a grip on reality.

:roll: I've already sent loftar and Jorb the videos + explation of how the custom clients worked, automatized it. There is no use in pretending it didn't exist.

For all the love in the heart of large baby jesus post the fucking video.

I am serious, and not convinced this isn't a shitpost. I know many of the pvpers people are talking about would love this custom client feature if it is actually somehow functional. It certainly isn't in Nightdawg/havoc client, which seems to be the gold standard for pvp.

How does it even work? Do you pick a direction and it just keeps the closest critter clicked as long as they're in a certain angle? Do you have to rerun the script if a lake appears in your way?

You can't be giving people an advantage by showing us now that the feature is removed.

The one advantage I did see from clients was highlighting critters or making them bigger does indeed make them easier to spot and click, but that is manual, not automated.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby DonVelD » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:27 pm

maze wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:
maze wrote:the chasing of critters with the instant bunny shoe swap to steelshoes when not casing; there could have been a fix like weapon swaping.
Doing this would've just resulted in everyone wearing bunny slippers 24/7 if they were outside their walls, wouldn't have changed much other than remove the benefit of auto-swap client code.

the swapping thing was 1/10 of the problem vs the auto chasing features~ you should release your private client ;D

WowGain wrote:

cool story bro but i swear on my cock nobody automatized it because 99% of the times it'd kill your character

hilarious :yoj:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:45 am

> there is a super OP feature
> nobody is using it, there's no videos of people using it from either perspective
> I won't show evidence or explain how it works
> source: just trust me bro it came to me in a dream

If you're not just 100% vomiting words, which I'm pretty sure you are, you're unironically not qualified to judge what's useful. I've seen your videos.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby terechgracz » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:21 am

Whats the problem of just binding key to autoclick critter nearest to mouse location? You can configure ard this way no need to touch code at all. Also don't see any issue with stuff like these, they should be implemented in default client but devs lack experience to know what's useful and what not.
terechgracz

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:03 pm

maze wrote::roll: I've already sent loftar and Jorb the videos + explation of how the custom clients worked, automatized it. There is no use in pretending it didn't exist.

As posted in the discord by maze this is how his "automation" works:
Green is player character, red is critter, purple is the "click zone". When you are running and you left-click in the "click-zone" it "automatically" chases the critter.
While this might seem like a complete "automation" of the critter chasing mechanics, it's far from it in reality, other than some lucky clicks that click the critter without you noticing it.
What it is, is basically extending critter hitbox from the critter all the way towards you, and instead of you having to right click you can just left-click which allows for some lucky critter chasing for people who wouldn't do it in the first place.

Now, for it to be even remotely comparable to actual critter clicking as everyone competent does, you need to first notice the critter if it's not luckily in the small radius you are running towards and you click the instant it appears in the render distance (which people that don't click them probably won't) and then click in the "click-zone" which makes it FAR from automated and reduces it to (as previously mentioned) bigger hitboxes that are not shown so you need to (more or less) guess where to click and then you can click it with lmb instead of rmb. As for the edge cases you are supposed to "shift-click" when you don't want to chase a critter, but that requires you to notice that there is a critter to be chased (which is not always easy in situations where it can fuck you over).
It's basically just as good as auto-drink, better than nothing for people who don't drink in the first place, bad at best, lethal at worst for people who do.

The fact that maze thinks this is superior to just clicking critters only shows how little experience he has when it comes to it, and shouldn't be considered when we talk about this mechanic.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby pawnchito » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:16 pm

its almost as if the client and ui could learn from these clients and add the feature to the base instead of having to remove a pretty neat little perk of having credo.

i havent been chased by anyone yet in any meaningful way since the change but im totally conflicted on it. it used to be really helpful as a hermit trying to get away even if it was a challenge to click the critter.
pawnchito

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:47 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:-snip-

tbh that sounds easier than right clicking critters and better with practice, if you don't have to deal with popups to start the script and shit like you do with every client I've known. At least Pasta, Nurgling, and Ndawgs.

The real talk is why are we even talking hypotheticals when their should be video because ever idiot in this game post there pvp video so where's the fucking video Maze? Are you making a script right now to proof it's possible??????? Did we spend time fixing a hypothetical issue in a deeply flawed game?????????????
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:51 pm

wait that script would also suck dick in a fight and would be best used when running away. You could use it when chasing too but generally the one being chased encounters critters first. So this hypothetical script would be better for those you wanted to avoid combat. Like if you had this script and weren't distributing it to every nab and hermit you're either foolish or a hypocrite.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas