Tapestry or whitewash

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Tapestry or whitewash

Postby Semja » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:18 am

So I used the winter to furnish my completely useless guest house. And once more I'm sad about the walls. I can pave the floor, can put (sadly only red) carpets on it and I can put a bear hide on the wall... but it always remains in the glaring red wood we all know too well. So I wanted to ask: May we paint our walls with something else than sketches?
I love paintings and I'm a regular sketchbook-customer, but even if you craft the 26 sketches one or the other way to paint a stonestead it always looks somewhat crumbly. If you use only white it looks terribly plain for it doesn't get any shadows.
There are three ways that would go well with haven gameplay I thought of:

1) Tapestry: requiring 3 cloth and maybe 2 boards as a frame, optional with sketch, but with the cloth as background, similar to village banners.

2) whitewash: requiring 3 limestone and water, alternative bone glue to make it unnecessarily more complicated.

3) Dyed cloth: requiring all materials a sketch needs, plus 1 cloth and some pigment, crafted at the cauldron. Dyed cloth would turn from a cloth into a sketch looking like said pigment but with the texture of the cloth and could be used afterwards like a sketch, so you also could use it on a village claim or heraldic cape or so. So similar to when you upload a one pixel art but in ingame-quality.

ImageImage
It could be so pretty if not for the walls...

Sadly the paintings with sketchbooks don't look so fluid as normal textures when you zoom out
Semja

Re: Tapestry or whitewash

Postby Barbamaus » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:29 am

+1
Even just allowing us to use boards to replace wall and pavement with different wood textures would already be an improvement
Barbamaus

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:35 am

+1 more larpy decorating options are always nice
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Uriel » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:59 am

Barbamaus wrote:+1
Even just allowing us to use boards to replace wall and pavement with different wood textures would already be an improvement

I was just about to post this idea. We really needt this one.
Uriel

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:48 am

Uriel wrote:
Barbamaus wrote:+1

I was just about to post this idea. We really needt this one.

100% for board paving (for indoors) 1,2
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Return to Critique & Ideas