Bunny slippers alternative.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Bunny slippers alternative.

Postby SiO2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:20 am

How about bunny gilding, with bonus scalable by quality? And make steel boots gildable too.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Re: Bunny slippers alternative.

Postby Clemins » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:37 am

I think that would be a good in-between for everyone who still wants bunny slipper buffs, though I'm still more in favor of getting rid of the bunny slipper speed buff all together.
Clemins

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:20 am

Idk about scalable bonus since it would make bunny breeding must have/questing to raise their ql. But if it's just the default bonus and you add some agi bonus or something that scales i think it'd be fine. Now the bigger thing would be making steel boots gildable but i think making that exception for the sake of not having to wear bunny slippers would be fine, idk how easy would it be to make a new type of gilding that only fits shoes tho.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Barbamaus » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:05 pm

I'm against speed bonuses from credo/equip, but if we really need to have them I think it should be something you can choose to get with a trade-off.

Being faster should come at a hefty cost. Right now the only "choice" is steel boots or slippers, which is a very dumb trade: 99% of players will choose slippers, with the 1% left having clients that auto-switch, making it not even a choice (easily solvable by preventing non-hand-held equip swap during combat btw).

Movement speed should come from horses (which I know would require a whole rework to balance them in pvp, so we're unlikely to see this happen) or the random wind buff you get every once in a while.
Barbamaus

Postby Sevenless » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:53 pm

Best compromise. Pvp is a very delicate balance, and ultimately what people want is the ability to have the current meta but with footwear choice.

I don't think the gild needs to be boot tied. Let it go anywhere, any amount of lucky rabbit foot guilded anywhere => rabbit speed bonus (does not stack, no quality impact). That way we don't need to change anything about footwear since I'm always wary of adding guilding bloat to armor.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Vladichka » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:07 am

Speed bonus from chasing critters was never intended to be a part of pvp. The only correct decision here is to get rid of it. And the previous solution was perfect.
If you are not happy with skill ceiling, then you are free to make suggestions. Having to chase critters during pvp encounter is very stupid. It's on a level of stupid that is beyond QTE and solving puzzles when running for speed boost. But for some reason, I don't think you would agree to QTE and puzzles addition.
Vladichka

Postby mulamishne » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:02 am

Vladichka wrote:Speed bonus from chasing critters was never intended to be a part of pvp.

Can I get a source on that? I've seen this argument a couple times now, and the only thing that has been on either side of it was when they removed the strider bonus to make pvp less locked behind credos.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Vladichka » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:47 am

mulamishne wrote:
Vladichka wrote:Speed bonus from chasing critters was never intended to be a part of pvp.

Can I get a source on that? I've seen this argument a couple times now, and the only thing that has been on either side of it was when they removed the strider bonus to make pvp less locked behind credos.

Really? Is that what you're gonna use as an argument here? They never said credo perk that makes chasing rabbits easier is not meant for pvp movement, so it totally is?
Vladichka

Postby Dawidio123 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:28 pm

Vladichka wrote:
mulamishne wrote:

Really? Is that what you're gonna use as an argument here? They never said credo perk that makes chasing rabbits easier is not meant for pvp movement, so it totally is?

I mean he is not the one making a statement about chase buff not being intended for pvp, the burden of proof is on people that make that statement. It's been a clear part of pvp meta for years and nobody complained about it, it has only been removed recently because of "certain groups" starting to pvp and having a reeeeeee moment to remove it because they weren't good at it, so instead of trying to get better they brigaded to make it happen. Don't get me wrong i dislike obligatory bunny slippers and credo as much as the next guy, and I've said multiple times that those bonuses (AT LEAST bunny slippers) should be on some skill or by default for everyone, but the mechanic itself isn't bad and adds at least SOME complexity to pvp while at the same time favoring the one who is running away so hermits should have it easier if they actually decided to use it.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Vladichka » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:49 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:the burden of proof is on people that make that statement.

Sorry, I'm atheist
The tooltip says I get a bonus when chasing animals, not "chase animals in the middle of the fight or you will get owned".
Dawidio123 wrote:the mechanic itself isn't bad and adds at least SOME complexity to pvp while at the same time favoring the one who is running away so hermits should have it easier if they actually decided to use it.

Sure, I don't have the same experience as you, because I took a long break between world 3 and end of world 14. So I fail to notice how everyone agreed to use a mechanic meant for chasing animals for movement in pvp. But I can't stop noticing that it's retarded to chase after critters in the middle of pvp encounter.
And how do hermits benefit from it? Please, don't be ridiculous. You can come up with a million excuses why hermits should use it. Or how pvp clients should be mandatory. Or how they should learn to click on the map. The fact is, it's almost never used by hermits to escape bandits. Instead it's used by gankers to get away from every unfavorable encounter, hang at the edge of screen and turn a 1v1 fight into 6v1.
You can come up with a million excuses why
1. Hermits should wear bunny slippers
2. Hermits should use outdated clients
3. Hermits should optimize all gameplay out of the game and only leave simplified map
4. Hermits should just learn to pixelhunt critters while escaping from menace who doesn't have to do that, because he can tunnelvision the target with help of pvp optimized client and only has to click large purple circles occasionally
Or you could just remove the feature that should not be. Or make it work as intended, like jorbtar did.
I know it's hard to imagine, but there are people who do foraging and questing. And even people who want to see the game instead of abstract shapes.
Vladichka

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas