Memories of Pain and Star Touched

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Memories of Pain and Star Touched

Postby Ø » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:33 am

Should not spread.
Ø

Re: Memories of Pain and Star Touched

Postby Barbamaus » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:11 pm

Star touched is supposed to spread, to avoid spamming it. Although there is a workaround for stone axes...
Barbamaus

Postby Semja » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:17 pm

I would be really happy if there were less memories of pain. I mean, I get it that some things would have memories of pain, for example if a cow grown in a cave hungers to death I would say it's reasonable this animal had memories of pain. But having it spread all over the place because at world start someone who collected enough wool for a single cloth to craft a fishing rod and hurt his finger in the process... that's just stupid. Why does the fish fished with this fishing rod has worse memories than any other fish. And why are the animals that are fed with this sad? Or the trees growing out of the sad mulch produced by them?
Semja

Postby Ø » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:34 pm

Barbamaus wrote:Star touched is supposed to spread, to avoid spamming it. Although there is a workaround for stone axes...

I doubt it works as intended and is simply lazy coding.

You star touched something that is now being used for processing or collecting other things. Now, let me punish fuck you for using that star touched item to make branches to make pots to grow things in so you can't star touch any of your stuff going forward without back stepping months of progression or be forced to trade for non-star touched items.

Sure thing. Seems like a great fucking game mechanic.

As for memories of pain... Should only be for the the starved animal and its' products without inheritance to offspring or spread through to other items. It also needs further explanation of its' mechanics.
Ø

Postby springyb » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:35 am

The only way to end up with Memories of Pain on all your stuff is to do it intentionally.

I think it's funny when people have the P2W mark of shame because they traded tokens for their tools.
springyb

Postby Ø » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:59 am

springyb wrote:The only way to end up with Memories of Pain on all your stuff is to do it intentionally.

This is far from the truth.
Ø

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:18 am

springyb wrote:The only way to end up with Memories of Pain on all your stuff is to do it intentionally.

Just few days into the w15, one of my villagers made a Casting Rod with MoP on it. All it would've taken for it to unintentionally spread into absolutely everything in our base would've been to accidentally put a single filet of fish into a compost bin.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby springyb » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:13 pm

vatas wrote:

Just few days into the w15, one of my villagers made a Casting Rod with MoP on it. All it would've taken for it to unintentionally spread into absolutely everything in our base would've been to accidentally put a single filet of fish into a compost bin.

And then accidently use the mulch to grow a tree. And then accidently use that tree to make coal. And then accidently use that coal to smelt metal. And then accidently use that metal to make an anvil. And then accidently use that anvil to remake every tool. And then accidently use all those tools while somehow not reading the line of text displayed.

A whole lot of "accidents" have to happen. If somebody manages to get to this point and are like, whoopsie poopsie look what happened I had no idea woooooooooooooow, they definitely shouldn't be playing Haven because this game requires a bit more prefrontal cortex activity than that.
springyb

Postby Ø » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:29 pm

springyb wrote:
vatas wrote:

And then accidently use the mulch to grow a tree. And then accidently use that tree to make coal. And then accidently use that coal to smelt metal. And then accidently use that metal to make an anvil. And then accidently use that anvil to remake every tool. And then accidently use all those tools while somehow not reading the line of text displayed.

A whole lot of "accidents" have to happen. If somebody manages to get to this point and are like, whoopsie poopsie look what happened I had no idea woooooooooooooow, they definitely shouldn't be playing Haven because this game requires a bit more prefrontal cortex activity than that.

Accidents happen. If you wanna call people retarded with more words, good for you. Doesn't make you right.
Ø

Postby springyb » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:12 am

Ø wrote:the no no word

Whoa, that's not very finna woke of you. Those with PFC issues have trouble thinking in the future and struggle with planning ahead. It's not related to intelligence in anyway and your crudeness would not be appreciated in the PFCC (prefrontal cortexually challenged fyi) community.
springyb

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas