list of ideas that were in the community previously

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

list of ideas that were in the community previously

Postby Fanan » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:46 pm

I collected this list of ideas from proposals that existed previously, some of which I found interesting. Since I haven't been playing for too long, I would like more experienced players to weigh in on these ideas.

1.Varieties of cart: a small cart for a horse, which has a slot for both a chest and 2-3 places for other items, a cart with a built-in market stall and the ability to get into it.
2. (needs improvement if it makes sense) A large ship that serves as a temporary nomadic base, where you can move around the deck, and can also grow various crops and place siege weapons to attack coastal towns and villages, this can increase the potential of the sea.
3. Variation of mounts: adding new riding mounts, for example a donkey, which will be more durable, I quote the message: “It would be cool to tame mammoths and use them for transport, and maybe make a defense for a wandering merchant selling goods across theland =D.” The ability to make a lasso, allowing you to tie animals at a distance.
5.Martial arts. New techniques that temporarily stun or slow down the enemy, as well as techniques that can block these attacks. The chance of blocking attacks can be calculated by your stats or something like that.
5. (didn’t notice if there are any differences) an increased amount of FEP from the meat of domestic animals than from wild animals, so that the animals are more useful.
6. The ability to make water pipes or fish ponds, that is, the ability to make pipes and a water pump from a water mill. Thanks to this, it would be possible to make artificial ponds and fill containers. To make pipes, you can first dig a trench, then lay down the pipe and bury the trench. It is also possible to create new diseases associated with dysentery.
These ideas are quite difficult to implement, so I don’t have much hope of adding them to the game =)
P.s. I am writing this through a translator, so I apologize for the clumsy translation.
Last edited by Fanan on Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fanan

Re: interesting ideas

Postby Halbertz » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:07 am

You can add all wonderful ideas of yours in this dedicated topic.
Halbertz

Re: list of ideas that were in the community previously

Postby Barbamaus » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:08 pm

Fanan wrote: 1.Varieties of cart: a small cart for a horse, which has a slot for both a chest and 2-3 places for other items, a cart with a built-in market stall and the ability to get into it.

+1 to more cart types in general
Fanan wrote: 2. (needs improvement if it makes sense) A large ship that serves as a temporary nomadic base, where you can move around the deck, and can also grow various crops and place siege weapons to attack coastal towns and villages, this can increase the potential of the sea.

-1 Moving base seems odd, also too difficult to implement.
Although +1 to water siege weapon, so islands can't become fortresses anymore.
Fanan wrote: 5. (didn’t notice if there are any differences) an increased amount of FEP from the meat of domestic animals than from wild animals, so that the animals are more useful.

+1 to anything boosting domestic animals
Fanan wrote: 6. The ability to make water pipes or fish ponds, that is, the ability to make pipes and a water pump from a water mill. Thanks to this, it would be possible to make artificial ponds and fill containers. To make pipes, you can first dig a trench, then lay down the pipe and bury the trench. It is also possible to create new diseases associated with dysentery.

I'm conflicted about this one.
I like the idea of making artificial ponds, but I do see an issue with moats making bases anywhere harder to get in with moats.
I don't like the idea of pipes, too industrious for my taste
Barbamaus

Postby gravesmerch » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:49 pm

ponds could be filled naturally by raining mechanic

of course would need to be claim based and require area of exclusion to avoid grief

they could be used for breeding but maybe also spawn fauna and flora, like reeds, frogs, insects, snakes, fish, ducks...
gravesmerch

Postby mintfickle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:02 am

+1 to anything boosting domestic animals too
mintfickle

Postby mulamishne » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:04 am

Fanan wrote: 2. (needs improvement if it makes sense) A large ship that serves as a temporary nomadic base, where you can move around the deck, and can also grow various crops and place siege weapons to attack coastal towns and villages, this can increase the potential of the sea.

The developers are working on this now to some capacity, working on a new system commonly called Object controlled objects that will allow you to walk around on your ship. I would not enjoy the idea of having siege engines on a ship that can attack land structures as that sounds a nightmare to balance.
Fanan wrote: 3. Variation of mounts: adding new riding mounts, for example a donkey, which will be more durable, I quote the message: “It would be cool to tame mammoths and use them for transport, and maybe make a defense for a wandering merchant selling goods across theland =D.” The ability to make a lasso, allowing you to tie animals at a distance.

Dogs is a very common tame request, and I'm fine with more, but the implications of using them in combat seems impossible to balance (especially because very few people kill wolves/mammoths fairly solo).
Fanan wrote: 5.Martial arts. New techniques that temporarily stun or slow down the enemy, as well as techniques that can block these attacks. The chance of blocking attacks can be calculated by your stats or something like that.

Slowing/stuns in haven pvp is a miserable concept, you also don't want move speed tied to stats.
Fanan wrote: 6. (didn’t notice if there are any differences) an increased amount of FEP from the meat of domestic animals than from wild animals, so that the animals are more useful.

The feps from most domesticated animals, pigs in particular, are significantly better than their wild counterparts, especially in most recipes.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Return to Critique & Ideas