[Credos] Gardener rework, mound beds and seasonality

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

[Credos] Gardener rework, mound beds and seasonality

Postby Kamekono » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:23 pm

The Gardener credo currently has a few issues, but there's two of them that I see as the most annoying.

1st. The amount of harvest requested (often 15-25) force you to spam so many pots. This used to be fine before mound beds were a thing, since you would still want lots of pots to make quantity of spices and such. But now mound beds are used for that, so why force me to make 100s of pots anyway?
I would suggest allowing mound beds to count for harvest quests. There's two possible ways: one would be to count the amount of plants you get (which would allow to increase the numbers requested, since each mound bed will give you 10+ plants), the other would be to simply count them as pots do (so to use in tandem with it).

2nd. Seasonality shouldn't be part of this credo (or any for that matter). I've seen several "pick -bush berry-" quests, which are either super easy or impossible, depending on the season. At least the "eat -bush berry- / -tree fruit-" quests are doable if you stockpiled them.
Kamekono

Re: [Credos] Gardener rework, mound beds and seasonality

Postby Oldimaru » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:45 pm

Would be greate to gives quality to mound beds, because garden pots suck since we can just duplicate Troll shrooms with super high quality in mound beds. Same works with Lupine.
But even this dont fix useless of garden pots because clay would be lower in quality then straw+mulch >_<
I think we need some difference between this 2 mechanics of herbs growing like:
Make garden pots sensitive to in-game seasons or weather conditions. Some herbs might thrive during specific seasons or weather patterns, or even moon phase.
Oldimaru

Return to Critique & Ideas