Getting -some- materials back from items

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Getting -some- materials back from items

Postby Barbamaus » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:46 pm

The idea of being able to do something with old items is nothing new.
Results from a very quick search show this is something players have been asking for almost a decade now.
While each suggestion has its own focus, the theme is pretty common: villages are filled with outdated gear, crafting stations, or half broken armor.

It doesn't even need to be all done at once. It could start with a few items, and add more to the list as we go.
Even if the quality of the recycled materials was low (even if it was set to 10 to avoid any abuse), it would still be nice to have and allow for those items to become building materials or spare crafting materials for stuff like quests and such.
Barbamaus

Re: Getting -some- materials back from items

Postby springyb » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:03 pm

Barbamaus wrote:Results from a very quick search show this is something players have been asking for almost a decade now.

Maybe it's time to stop asking then.
springyb

Postby Massa » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:34 pm

nothing says scarcity like every hermit shitbox being loaded to the ass with 3000 bars of donkey dick

we definitely need to be salvaging 0-4 q80 pieces of steel out of a q160 b12 with an rng mechanic
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Sevenless » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:30 am

I suggested an idea recently that requires item offerings. Possible solution is to convert used items into another material, in that case it would be offering points or whatever you want to call it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Ø » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:35 pm

I think being able to throw old gear into the Compost Bin made from materials that can be thrown in the Compost Bin would be an interesting way to make Mulch and get gildings back. Or just trash the gilding since it may no longer be useful anyway.
Ø

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:31 pm

Sevenless wrote:I suggested an idea recently that requires item offerings. Possible solution is to convert used items into another material, in that case it would be offering points or whatever you want to call it.

anything that uses religion in the game i am in favor of, loved it when they reintroduced the ancestor system and would also love to see this.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Return to Critique & Ideas