+Quality from quests is game breaking tbh

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

+Quality from quests is game breaking tbh

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:36 pm

Questing should not be the primary end game quality grind, and especially should not be infinite as it is. All of the arguments against infinite anvil spiraling apply to questing, except questing doesn't promote trade and (drastically) fewer people enjoy questing than mining.

I assume you've made questing this way is because you believe nodes can't be walled/monopolized by groups, or that the quality bonuses possible are not game breaking. I assure you it's trivial to prevent others from accessing your quested nodes & the potential quality differences are big enough to be insurmountable in combat/trade/stat grinding, IE the entire game for most people.

Some solutions in order of my personal preference:
1) Remove questing from the game entirely OR
2) Remove +quality bonus from quests OR
3) Cap the maximum quality of each node at the highest natural quality for that node type OR
4) same as 5), except only apply the +quality to the central continent OR
5) Make +quality from quests apply globally at the end of each haven year like a mini-reset akin to new minehole levels
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: +Quality from quests is game breaking tbh

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:41 pm

+1, I agree with the solutions in the same order except 4) but i could live with it. Questing being as shitty and rng as it is should be something for the larpers to spend their time on and not the main way to progress industry long-term, anyone who thinks this is a good thing is a fool/has some way to either bot it/abuse it with little effort. Honestly quests giving lp is also very much dumb in the first week since it's basically obligatory to do them 24/7 just to progress asap.

I refuse to believe anyone but 4-5 people (I'm kind of sorry for them) enjoys this rng-filled mechanic.
Last edited by Dawidio123 on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Oldimaru » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:59 pm

Change +1 local quality to +1 Global sound great :D
Oldimaru

Postby DonVelD » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:07 pm

+1 I see no downsides
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby Wardenka » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:22 pm

Да какие квесты ? нет нормального клинта чтоб без бубна поиграть в эту прекрасную игру , то на АРДЕ морковку собираешь , но на эндаре копаешь , то на нурленге коров доишь , но на хрен пойми каком охотишься, на другом батов запускаешь и.т.д
Wardenka

Postby Dawidio123 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Wardenka wrote:Да какие квесты ? нет нормального клинта чтоб без бубна поиграть в эту прекрасную игру , то на АРДЕ морковку собираешь , но на эндаре копаешь , то на нурленге коров доишь , но на хрен пойми каком охотишься, на другом батов запускаешь и.т.д

Damn, he got a point, sorry snail now i love questing for quality as the main industry thing.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Postby fallout » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:11 pm

Have a quality catch up mechanic for the rest of the world. If drastically behind give +2, +3 etc
fallout

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:42 pm

fallout wrote:Have a quality catch up mechanic for the rest of the world. If drastically behind give +2, +3 etc

When it comes to an infinite grind that an entire conglomerate of people can contribute to, a catch-up mechanic like that won't do anything. If 30 people band together and quest for 10,000 hours you're not going to quest for 5,000 to keep up with them.

To reiterate, all infinite quality grinds are bad - but questing an especially bad way to do it because such a small portion of the community enjoys questing.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby maze » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:53 pm

snails just mad because I botted questing in my area, also went you banned? and why are you using your alt accounts to agree with you?

In no real order to your points, as I don't really agree with any of your changes~

Removing Questing: is fun for the people who like questing. You don't like questing but others do~ so this basically will never happen, unless J&L remove pvp or make a PvE server (what we all know is dumb asks)

Questing is broken in a sense, but I don't think "global" is the way for a competitive group; but one can be said that questing really does not help to much to the current state of the competitive area game play anyhow; and again one would actively searching for who is willing putting in their time or botting local areas up~ I bet the augment is "well I have time".
Anyhow,
Global: no thank you

Infinite quality grind: fun for the people who like this system.
you're suggestion does not make questing anymore fun and does not really give people a reason to quest towards unless they're incompetent to searching the world for high quality nodes, you also drag people away from being forced into a single area looking for high Q stuff.

I know a number of people I talked to in the community that wanted more to questing, like making quest tree's "gods " of their realms and apleasing them would allow you to take effects or do things within that realm. Like locking local resources behind questing and needing to please a questing tree before it would allow you the access to gathering a local resouces within its realm: not fully dumb, but I can see merit behind it.

Another suggestion was adding local favor to the realms and gaining favor would allow youto inact sieges, or summon dungeons, or other weird little things.

But this post is only really to bring light to quality tied to questing, so those two suggestions are mainly plus's to "why questing should not be removed".
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:36 am

+1 rare to see myself agreeing with snuggle but literally this. I am tired of questing being mandatory for late game qaulity spiral, considering how much it fucking sucks.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas