+Quality from quests is game breaking tbh

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: +Quality from quests is game breaking tbh

Postby mulamishne » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:47 am

+1, I like the idea of global as a catch up mechanic honestly as well, world quality moose 900 vs 1000 doesn't have too much difference.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:10 pm

i like this post and i like the globally option
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby r0ck4ev3r » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:26 pm

Love the idea of yëarly quality gap closer; If at the end of the haven yëar your local X node < highest global X its closes the gap. I don't think removing quality questing is the correct action, but I would gladly see a nerf to the frequency of +X quests- ONLY If, said X.q is within some % of highest global Q for said given node type.
"Don't just have an idea- have all of them." ~ Niv-Mizzet
r0ck4ev3r

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:18 am

At the very least gray clay and WWW's should be removed from the pool (maybe WWW were, I had some last world but didn't find any this world and given the changes to them it'd make sense). We had a gray clay quest giver this world though which I was surprised even existed given how OP it'd be if we actually went hard on it with clay being the biggest industry limiter. ¦] ¦] ¦]
ChildhoodObesity

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:34 pm

Hey I remember explicitly mentioning gray clay the last time you were defending it: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=74635&p=922445#p922445

I could very reasonably have a Q5k+ anvil by this point in the world if I cared to do so. Jorbtar remains confused why nobody plays seriously past the 2-3 month mark.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:00 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Hey I remember explicitly mentioning gray clay the last time you were defending it: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=74635&p=922445#p922445

I could very reasonably have a Q5k+ anvil by this point in the world if I cared to do so. Jorbtar remains confused why nobody plays seriously past the 2-3 month mark.

At the time I had assumed Jorb+Loftar accounted for how OP gray clay would be and that it didn't actually exist. I also thought this because when I was mass chopping trees/testing I never once received one and Coco's group clearly didn't have a good one either as their industry was within ~50q of ours despite questing all world. This world as I mentioned in my original post I clearly discovered it DOES exist as we had one and I walled it. We already discussed this here though:

Also even in my post following what you posted I said "I also wouldn't mind seeing the questing local raises completely wiped out, but I feel like they shouldn't even bother until they work on other aspects of industry growth into long lasting worlds." I wouldn't say I'm some yuge defender of it or something kekw. Questing is boring and it's dumb that it's tied into industry progression. I just hate even more when industry caps out at the same number 2-3 months in personally.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Fostik » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:57 pm

Considering what game this questing actually breaks, I would rather play broken game
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Luno » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:23 pm

Even tho i don't really think the quality increase is a problem at all, i would actually prefer if it was global simply because sometimes, you wanna move away, live somewhere else, but after doing so many quests in an area, feels like a waste of time.
Ofc, im kinda biased, because my village moves at least twice every world.

+1 tho, for the global thingy specifically.
Luno

Postby Oldimaru » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:03 pm

I think about globally in thingwall things, like This Thingwall area receive +1 to moose or smt like this, rather then +1 to moose on small ocean island ¦]
Oldimaru

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:33 pm

If jorbtar reads this, know that quality quests are so broken that literally no one in this thread is in disagreeance, everybody wants to see it nerfed.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas