PVE World

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: PVE World

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:49 pm

jock wrote:We don't need a pve world, we need a morality system that adds weight to attacking people outside of enemy kingdoms.

be a dick get less lp/exp/feps + lose more on death till it wears off based on the crime(long time, forever in death case even). Ofc this needs a war system and perms for attacking in your own realms lands to counter this.

right now there is little weight in deciding if you should murder someone weaker than you, often it's just free loot.

This would lead to murder alts for killing hermits where you don't care about less feps/lp.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Halbertz » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:51 pm

jock wrote:We don't need a pve world, we need a morality system that adds weight to attacking people outside of enemy kingdoms.

be a dick get less lp/exp/feps + lose more on death till it wears off based on the crime(long time, forever in death case even). Ofc this needs a war system and perms for attacking in your own realms lands to counter this.

right now there is little weight in deciding if you should murder someone weaker than you, often it's just free loot.

RWORD - 5 pts
NWORD - 10 pts
SWASTIKA - 25 pts
BASHED SNEKK - 30 pts
AGRO AND KILL SPRUCECAP - 50 pts
BASH EVERYTHING INSIDE - 100 pts

Daily activities:
Pave 3 swastikas - 75 + 10 (combo) pts
Weekly activites:
Exort hat from grandma - 300 pts and 3 days of gold sub

PTS shop where you can spent your basedbadboy points:
Sledgehammer: 50 pts
Mats for ram: 100 pts
Your name will be written in comic sans in kin list: 300 pts
etc
Halbertz

Postby lakrass » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:23 pm

Halbertz wrote:

This plz.
lakrass

Postby DonVelD » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:39 pm

Halbertz wrote:Exort hat from grandma - 300 pts and 3 days of gold sub

:lol: :lol: who couldve done such thing........ ¦]
also mandatory: baseeeeeeeeeed
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby Ø » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Halbertz wrote:Your name will be written in comic sans in kin list: 300 pts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughed way harder than I should have at this one line
Ø

Postby terechgracz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:32 pm

[Player's name],

We appreciate your dedication to the game and your desire for a PvE-focused environment. However, let's be blunt here.

Your proposal for a second PvE world is, unfortunately, not feasible. While we understand your frustration with griefing and vandalism, creating a separate PvE world won't solve these issues. In fact, it would likely exacerbate them.

Implementing untouchable/impenetrable claimed land, along with natural passages and guaranteed access to resources, sounds nice in theory. But in practice, it's a logistical nightmare. It would require a complete overhaul of the game mechanics, which is neither practical nor desirable.

Furthermore, your suggestion of introducing hearth magic or teleportation abilities to bypass claims contradicts the very essence of the game's PvP focus. Part of the thrill and challenge of the game lies in its harsh, unforgiving world where players must contend with each other for resources and territory.

While we empathize with your frustration over incidents like the one you've experienced, PvP is indeed the core of this game. It's what sets it apart and provides its unique dynamic. We encourage you to adapt to this aspect of the game or explore other alternatives that suit your playstyle better.

Thank you for your suggestion, but at this time, we must uphold the principles that define our game.

Best regards,

[Your Moderator Name]
terechgracz

Postby Perunn » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:18 pm

Dear terechgracz,

Don't get me wrong - I love the game and I am a fan of competitive games and PvP. Of course competition is way more interesting than PvE. Neither do I feel that big of a frustration about the specific incident.

The thing is that, let's be honest - PvP in this game is not that well-made. In order to enjoy the competitiveness and the real PvP itself, as many have already stated here, one is obliged to spend tons of hours of gaming and/or using bots with custom scripts. I never experienced real PvP, I believe like many, in this game. We kinda know the truth - it's just not accessible for everyone. Just for the maybe few 1-3 hundred who delve into the mentioned hours/botting. Therefore, it's not that fun. I admit it's quite thrilling to know that you can get attack/killed/etc., but for me personally - not thrilling to spend the abovementioned efforts in order to be able to spend 3-4 hours of chasing and drinking water and restoring energy, using my custom client which removes the trees so that I can have a chance. I'm sure you can get my point.

Thus, to sum it up - I'd love it, like many others - if either botting could somehow be fixed or PvP made more skill-oriented, which to me seems like way more effort than my suggestion.

Thanks!
Perunn

Postby DonVelD » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:08 pm

just get more skilled at pvp
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DonVelD

Postby jock » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:38 am

Dawidio123 wrote:

This would lead to murder alts for killing hermits where you don't care about less feps/lp.

That is reductive logic. Same as might as well not play if people will bot any way. There are growing costs to making another alt and other systems that can be added. You start with a core pillar and build on it and a morality(and by extension a war system) are a firm place to build from.
jock

Postby Dawidio123 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 pm

jock wrote:
Dawidio123 wrote:

That is reductive logic. Same as might as well not play if people will bot any way. There are growing costs to making another alt and other systems that can be added. You start with a core pillar and build on it and a morality(and by extension a war system) are a firm place to build from.

My answer was a counter-point, your dismissal of it is reductive (and some other fallacies but we aren't on reddit). You don't need to keep on making alts, make an alt with 300 stats (honestly like a day or two of work with good food, you don't even need 300 to kill most hermits, there is no growing cost, each alt will be actually easier to make as your food will only get better overtime, and that's assuming you'll ever need another alt) and you can keep on killing hermits with no repercussions. This system you propose is also highly abusable since people would just not join a kingdom (or leave and rejoin) so you get penalties for fighting them.

A system which can be easily avoided and is also highly exploitable is not "firm place to build from" by any definition.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dawidio123

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas