Village Dungeons

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Village Dungeons

Postby morrogoth » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:48 am

An Idea:

Villages, or at least the Chief can build a Dungeon Door, a gate like structure that allows the Law speaker to open a door to a random dungeon. The lawspeaker can control the difficulty, and at the cost of authority, can even choose which dungeon is spawned.

To prevent farming, the dungeon only lasts until it is cleared, or a ingame week has passed.

I think it would open up more reasons to travel to villages and markets as people would want to visit dungeons, on top of encountering them in the wild. And down the road maybe allow a primitive design function to allow for the creation of specialized dungeons and maybe even arena's. But it can be stylized to allow for the natural spawning dungeons to still spawn, but it maybe also can be used for village competitions like who can clear it the fastest, or most kills, using the special room mechanics already in play, I.E. the endless spawn rooms, or get aggro from x. The point system from shooting targets can be adapted for this.

I know this sounds silly, so I will apologize for wasting time with it, but I thought it was a neat idea.
morrogoth

Re: Village Dungeons

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:15 am

Nah, shouldn't be able to be done inside of a village, that'd just be farm.
A realm spell that shows a dungeon within your realm borders, on the other hand, could be cool.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby morrogoth » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:46 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Nah, shouldn't be able to be done inside of a village, that'd just be farm.
A realm spell that shows a dungeon within your realm borders, on the other hand, could be cool.

I was thinking the authority cost also should grow when summoning a specific dungeon, like 5000 the first one, and doubles when repeated in succession, because I agree, dungeon farming could be abused with it, but maybe also a cooldown timer for specific dungeons, like you summoned a bee dungeon, you cant summon one for a week or two in real time. The spell sounds cool too.
morrogoth

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:50 pm

I'd be almost into this if it had its own specific subset of village-themed dungeons and didn't impinge on the existing ones. (Like a cellar dungeon with rats or a farming dungeon with moles or something.) It makes me think of clan dungeons from Kingdom of Loathing, kinda.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby telum12 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:56 pm

morrogoth wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Nah, shouldn't be able to be done inside of a village, that'd just be farm.

I was thinking the authority cost also should grow when summoning a specific dungeon, like 5000 the first one, and doubles when repeated in succession, because I agree, dungeon farming could be abused with it, but maybe also a cooldown timer for specific dungeons, like you summoned a bee dungeon, you cant summon one for a week or two in real time. The spell sounds cool too.

It would just end up being dummy villages on alts that are recycled when costs grow too high
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby morrogoth » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:32 pm

telum12 wrote:
morrogoth wrote:

It would just end up being dummy villages on alts that are recycled when costs grow too high

that would be an awful amount of work for so little gains.

Audiosmurf wrote:I'd be almost into this if it had its own specific subset of village-themed dungeons and didn't impinge on the existing ones. (Like a cellar dungeon with rats or a farming dungeon with moles or something.) It makes me think of clan dungeons from Kingdom of Loathing, kinda.

Thats where my idea would progress, village designed dungeons, but a little nerfed to prevent farming, but my only qualm with it is the distinct lack of actual monsters. We have trolls, but no sprucie is going to poke around a dungeon on the threat of insta death. Maybe when more parts of Northern European lore is added maybe a good dungeon could be made. I like ant dungeons for the size, but yeah. It would be cool to have a village specific dungeon.
morrogoth

Return to Critique & Ideas