Teaching Credos

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Teaching Credos

Postby dafels » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:11 am

Let a hearthling teach a credo to other hearthling! Like a parchment that a hearthling can craft with all of the ancient knowledge, experience and wisdom written on it and then the apprentice hearthling carefully studies it. Maybe capped by the intelligence stat, don't think a low int hearthling could comprehend wisdom in the parchment.
It's larpy and fun!
Tbh I just want to not do the same credos/quests on my alts.
Last edited by dafels on Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dafels

Re: Teaching Credos

Postby Sevenless » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:24 pm

The entire point of the credo system is to make alting/botting require some degree of human effort to set up. This request means it's working I guess.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby knightgabe13 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:02 pm

I don't support this as a way to get around the difficulty of credos, but at the same time, Apprenticeship seems incredibly flavorful and fun LARPy concept. It seems like something we absolutely should have for carpenters, smiths, tailors, rangers and potters. Allow me to suggest some restrictions.

I imagine a system that allows you to (very gradually over time) inherit stats from still-living characters (i.e. Master Artisans), as long as the stat pertains to their craft, up to a maximum of say, 25% of a Master Artisan's relevant stats. You can only learn from 1 Master Artisan in your hearthling's lifetime, and can only take on one Apprentice in your hearthling's lifetime. Additionally, stats gained from Apprenticeship are only inherited by that character's descendants if they forfeit their ability to become an Apprentice.

Apprenticeship should also be a system that requires a lot of effort, similar to a credo. I figure that means a lot of questing - I am by no means suggesting a gradual, passive stat-gain for free. But it would be cool, for flavor reasons, if there were also unique items such as "Master Scrolls", "Cookbooks" or "Monastery Parchments", crafted by your Master Artisan, that can be studied for a few crumbs of LP and are required depending on what quests the Apprentice gets (Study 2x of Jerome's Cookbook for instance, where Jerome is the name of the specific Master Artisan for that character). I imagine most quests, rather than asking for a study, would involve crafting an item above a certain "benchmark" quality, which would be based on the stats of the Master Artisan you are learning from.

If your stat gain as an Apprentice was a sufficiently gradual curve, I don't think it would be a problem.
Check out HavenTune! :D
knightgabe13

Postby Massa » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 pm

aint no fucking reason you can't study an credolicious expouding/manifesto generated by a credo guy with scholar

for one (i don't care how many lol)

levle per credo, ever. to skip or smth.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby sur » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from! It would add some serious flavor to the game. Plus, it's always cool to mix things up and have some variety between characters.
sur

Return to Critique & Ideas